Author Topic: Hello Big Dog Owners  (Read 9499 times)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Big Dog Owners
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2006, 02:20:48 am »
Hello and welcome!

My name is Chris, and I am owned by Keiko, a husky/shep mix, and Gunther, a great dane.  I also have a Lacy, but she is my cockatiel.   ;D

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2006, 02:25:02 am »
welcome aboard! love your avatar!

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2006, 09:30:27 am »
HI i am Amber and welcome aboard.  I live in Mobile, Alabama with my fiance.  I am owned by 4 dogs also.  One giant schnauzer, one boxer, one wiem, and one dobbie.  We also are thinking of getting a springer spaniel.  I also have 10 morgan horses and 6 barn cats.  So yea you can say i am kind of nutty also. ;)  I cant wait for pics.  ;D
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2006, 04:21:44 pm »
Welcome from Sarah and Einstein.  Bronte was a beautiful girl!  I can't wait to see photos of the whole family.

Sarah

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2006, 05:49:44 pm »
Hey!  Welcome to BPO!  We all love the newfy's here.  They are so fluffy and lovable looking.

Offline galaxybears

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • chins n newfs
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2006, 03:56:23 pm »
Wow thanks for the great welcome everyone ;D

I forgot to mention before that I have 50 chinchillas (the rodent kind not the cat type!) and 3 cats as well.... I live in a mad house, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I told you all that I had a puppy (Lacey) reserved, but unfortunately she has died, as have her 2 sisters :'(. There mum had no milk and the breeder was hand feeding them, but sadly it was not to be. I know I never had her, but I was so upset when I was told.
Shelley
Mum to Molly, Honey and Kitten
RIP my darling Bronte

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2006, 03:59:50 pm »

I told you all that I had a puppy (Lacey) reserved, but unfortunately she has died, as have her 2 sisters :'(. There mum had no milk and the breeder was hand feeding them, but sadly it was not to be. I know I never had her, but I was so upset when I was told.

Oh no!!! :'( I am so so sorry! Poor little pups! And poor mama dog!  :'(
Maybe there is another little puppy waiting for you somewhere who needs your care. What a sad story. :(

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2006, 04:49:36 pm »
I'm sorry to hear about the puppy.  I used to have chins too.  They made the best pets if hands raised.  We had an albino, a silvertipped white, a few of the rare greys, a beige and a couple of normal grays. All of them named after alcohol. They were my brother's genetic project that took a while to leave.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2006, 05:16:05 pm »
I'm so sorry about losing your puppy....even though you may have never had her in your house, I'm sure she had already taken up a residence in your heart. :'(  That happened to me as well before I got Chester, a breeder whom I had pretty much decided on and was about to send a deposit lost all the puppies and the mother a week before they were due.  I was absolutley bereft!  and had never even seen the mom in person.  Please accept my condolences!

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2006, 07:51:13 pm »
Oh my Goodness! That is a beautiful Newfie!I love the brown ones, they look just like Teddy Bears :)

I'm Shawna and I'm owned by Sadie, an 11 week old Newfoundland and my two big paw Maine Coon kitties Gus and Maggie.
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

kristi

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2006, 08:25:05 pm »
Welcome Shelley!

Sorry to read about the new pup - that is so hard especially when you really have your heart set on it, & you're planning & preparing... :(

My name is Kristi, & I'm owned by Sampson, an almost 8 yr old Bullmastiff, Benji, a 7yr striped DSH cat, & Marco Polo, a 3yr white albino DSH cat - who is also completely deaf. 

I also have a daughter, Gaby, who will be 6 in March, &  Martin, my husband, who was crazy enough to marry into this zoo 3 months ago. :D

I'm new here too - you're gonna love it! 
But as someone else already said, it is ADDICTIVE!
Can't wait to see more pics!