Author Topic: Hello Big Dog Owners  (Read 9496 times)

Offline galaxybears

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • chins n newfs
Hello Big Dog Owners
« on: February 01, 2006, 05:46:12 pm »
Hi all, I have just found this forum while searchin the Internet ;D.

My name is Shelley, I live in the UK and I have 4 Newfies, 2 blacks and 2 browns. Molly was the first to join the house hold, she is 10 years old in a couple of months and still as active as the youngsters ;). Then came Bronte, who was brown, sadly she had a stroke last year after an operation, it is Bronte in my avatar. Ten days before Bronte died our first boy was born, his name is Kitten as he is so soft, he is also brown, and not quite 10 months old yet. We talked his breeder into letting us have his brown sister too as we had lost Bronte, her name is Honey. And then lastly there is Lacey, a black female, we haven't actually got her yet as she is only a week old, but she is already considered a part of the family ;D

My username is galaxybears as that is our Kennel Club affix. We have never bred any pups but we do show our Newfs and also do waterwork with them. But the rest of the time they are just our constant companions

That is my mad house in a nut shell :)

Looking forward to getting to know you all ;D

Shelley
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 05:47:21 pm by galaxybears »
Shelley
Mum to Molly, Honey and Kitten
RIP my darling Bronte

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Big Dog Owners
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 05:59:30 pm »
Welcome... I'm Erin I live in Connecticut in the US.  I have a newf Kali who turned 1 last month and is going through the teenage phase ::).  I also have Lacey an aussie, two horses and two cats.....yes our house is insane at all times too.  I can't wait to see pictures of all your newfs.  So get posting, just kidding.  Hope you have as much fun as I do, I must warn you this website does become addicting.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 06:00:00 pm by chaos270 »
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 06:12:57 pm »
Hello to you too! I'm Andreau and I am owned by a 8 month old Newf, Angus and we live in Newfoundland. 4 Newfs... wow, you're days must be super exciting! :D

Kiahpyr

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 06:17:43 pm »
Welcome aboard!!! I have 2 dogs, 3 cats and 2 bearded dragons. My dogs are Kiah who is an eight month old great pyrenees and a new pup that just arrived. She doesn't have a name yet. We think she is a great pyr/german shepard mix who is around ten weeks old.

Offline Maggie's Mom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Maggie, Simon and Oscar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 06:20:53 pm »
Welcome to BPO!  I'm fairly new here too, but you won't feel like it for long.  Everyone here is so nice and extremely helpful if you need it.  I'm Stacy, and Maggie is our baby Great Dane.  We have our hands full with one pup, I can't imagine 4.   :D
Stacy, Wes, and Maggie (Great Dane)

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 06:21:40 pm »
Hi Shelley. I'm Sharon and I live in the UK too. I am the willing servant of my Tibetan Mastiff, Flynn.

enuffpaws

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 06:29:35 pm »
Welcome to BPO Shelley and your furkids. HI i'm Dale we have three dogs, live in Chicago IL. Hope to get to know you too and we all love photos on BPO so post away.

dale ;)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 06:57:06 pm »
Hi Shelly!  Welcome to you and all your pups!  I am owned by a three year old Landseer, Cowboy and Chester who is an almost -one-year old Brown Newfie.  I'm jealous that you have double the fun!  I'd love to see more pictures of all your pups!  We live in Southern California.

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 07:02:08 pm »
Welcome, this is a great forum.  Sounds like you have your hands full of Newfs, what a wonderful dilemma!  Drake, whose 3.5 years, says hello too.  He likes John Courage but is partial to Tennants as well!  ;D
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 07:05:09 pm by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2006, 07:03:06 pm »
Hi Shelley!  Welcome to BPO!  I'm Jessica and we have two newfie girls, Sasha (1 year) and Bella (13 weeks).  We live on the central coast of California.  Be sure to post lots of photos of your puppers.  ;)

Offline nostaw

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2006, 07:40:41 pm »
Hi Shelley,

Welcome to BPO, nice to see some more English Newfs Joining. I have 2 black bitches, Bell & Hovis. I'm a member of Northern Newfoundland Club and show both girls locally. I'm currently carting with Bell and hoping to swim them both this year with N.N.C.

Andy
Slime flies when you're having fun!

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2006, 07:46:07 pm »
Hi & welcome to BPO!...I'm Chelle & my dogs are Samson & Pippin who are Great Pyrenees & Rosie who is a rescue & we think to be a Kuvasz mix...I am betting Kuv & Lab...I also live with 10 cats 2 of whom are fosters....2 house bunnies & a guinea pig princess...Oh, my hubby & 2 children live here also...lol!

Offline Heighway

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Webster at 8 months
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2006, 08:35:44 pm »
Welcome to BPO.  I am flat out jealous!  FOUR newfies!  I have a just turned 6mo old black newfie pup and a 4 year old golden retriever.  This is a great place to learn and share about our big pawed friends.
Karen

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2006, 09:09:48 pm »
Hi and welcome!!! I am a big fan of multi-dog households!!! There's no better way to stay warm at night than with a bunch of snuggly dogs!!! :D

I am Rebekah and I have a ridiculous cast of characters here at my house, mostly mutts and two Great Danes at the moment (one who is a foster).

I'm sure you will enjoy it in BPO Land!
 ;D

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2006, 02:11:03 am »
Hi!  I'm Melissa.  I have a 7 month old Giant Schnauzer named Dazy and a 3 year old Miniature Schnauzer named Ladybug.  BPO is a great place to hang out!