Author Topic: Queenie is recovering from surgery  (Read 4737 times)

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Queenie is recovering from surgery
« on: February 08, 2006, 01:28:04 am »
My Collie mix Queenie had to have surgery on her ear today from a Hematoma. She developed a large water blister type thing on her ear after having an ear infection . I assume it was from scratching at her ear to much. She gets ear infections all the time but this time it was much worse for some reason. While she was in for her ear I decided to have her spayed at the same time and Im kind of worried about her as she is going to be nine years old this year. She could use all the prayers she can get.
I spoke to the vet this afternoon and she is doing great, she said she has a bandage over her ear so she looks kind of sad but the surgeries both went great. She said her spay was a little bit complicated, because she is a bit over weight.
The spay was never a big issue before because there arent any male dogs around but now that I have brought Kayzer into the picture I was a little concerned that he might find Queenie a little to attractive once he comes of age!!! :o Also Queenie has been having false pregnancy's her last couple of heats so this was the only way to insure her health and to stop them. Has anyone else had a female dog have these?
Well thanks for listening. I always feel better once I share my worries with my BPO friends!
Queenie will be coming home tomorrow!
cuttles

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Queenie is recovering from surgery
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 08:16:29 am »
They are both so good looking.  My Rosie had to have the same ear surgery when she was about eight years old.  It took it about three weeks to heal up. The impossible part was keeping a bandage on it since the vet wanted it just covered loose. 

What are the false pregnancy's like for your girl?

Glad she is doing good, is she back home yet?

Lisa

Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 10:16:52 am »
Glad to hear she is doing well. She is a really beautiful girl...is she home yet?

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 12:29:50 am »
Well Queenie is home! She seems to be feeling ok but she is totally hating the bandage on her head! I had quite the experience when I went to get her though! I guess I didnt expect her ear to look quite so sore and when they took the bandage off to clean it before I brought her home I suddenly got all light headed and I felt like I was going to pass out and I had to sit down till I felt better! How embarassing is that? :-[ Queenie was fine but I was not!!!!
Her spay went great and it doesnt seem to be bothering her at all!
Her false pregnancies were really weird she would actually produce milk and collect all her stuffies and squeeky toys and pretend she was nursing them!!! Very odd!!! She would usually do this about twice a year! She would really act kind of coo coo!

But no more of that now thank goodness!
cuttles