Author Topic: Hi to all and thanks for letting me join!  (Read 6876 times)

Icerotti

Re: Hi to all and thanks for letting me join!
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2006, 01:20:11 pm »

Michelle-
We appear to have a similar families... Sam ins almost 8 & my daughter will be 6 in March.
We're considering getting another Big Paw - how did Puck take to the new arrival?  How old was Farley when he/she arrived?
-kristi.

Puck was a little hesitant about Farleys' arrival at first. We had to have very supervised intoductions at first. My husband had Puck on his prong collar and leash and I would hold Farley and let Puck sniff him etc. We really wanted a girl pup, we were unable to locate one. I think it took a little longer b/c it was same sex for Puck to get use to Farley. We had just lost our female rotti Katie in May/05 and we got Farley the end of June/05. Farley was 8 weeks old when we got him and he was 11 pounds. Puck was a  136 pds--thus the very supervised visits.
After about a week they were much better and at about 2weeks later, they were able to be on the floor together running around. Puck actually started acting very motherly o Farley. Puck started licking Farleys face and ears. Farley would curl up with Puck when he was sleeping. Now they are the best of friends. Eventhough Puck still outweighs Farley by about 90 some odd pds...lol
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 01:23:14 pm by Icerotti »

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Hi to all and thanks for letting me join!
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2006, 07:48:07 pm »
Hi Kristi,
I'm Shawna and I'm the proud mother of Sadie, an 11 week old Newfoundland and 2 Maine Coon kitties Gus-Gus and Maggie. We're new around here too ;)

Sampson is adorable and your daughter is absolutely GORGEOUS!
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge