Author Topic: Marking .....  (Read 1360 times)

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
Marking .....
« on: February 07, 2006, 02:27:10 pm »
This isn't about a big paws , but I was hoping ya'll could still help me ! My Mom has a male papillon named Stanley . I've always been so close to him since I've babysat him since he was a tiny little furball . Anyways , so in December my Mom and Dad moved to Minnesota , and since then she's had a terrible time with Stanley marking EVERYTHING in her house . It is driving her insane and it's making her other two male dogs do the same . Stanley is neutered , and he's about four years old and housetrained (except for this ! ) . Mom has had it , she loves him to death but I'm afraid she's going to give him away . So , my question is what can I tell her to help her ? ( I don't think she'll take the time to see a trainer ) And if she is calling it quits , I'm going to bring Stanley back here ( If I can talk hubby into it ! ) , how do *I* deal with this problem ? I think Stanley has a hard time with my Mom's other dogs , a cocker and a dachshund . They are all always trying to establish who's boss . My two dogs are of course wayyyy bigger than him , but they totally know he's the boss and don't fight it . They're pretty submissive dogs . Do you think I would still have the problem of marking here ? whew , okay , long post . sorry !  ;D
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: Marking .....
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 03:07:59 pm »
You have my sympathy....sa dly, I have no idea how to deal with this.  We had an Akita that did that and we could NEVER have him in the house since he would lift his leg on the walls every chance he could get! :P  He, too, had been neutered at about six months. 

Good luck!!!