Author Topic: Samson's fence is up!!!!!!!!  (Read 6834 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Samson's fence is up!!!!!!!!
« on: May 20, 2005, 10:31:37 am »
After many delays, excuses & no shows  the fencer has finally finished Samson's fence!!!!...His 1st time out was last night right before we had dinner...We made a big production out of it too...lol...We called the neighbors that we are friendly with & who love Samson to come out into their back yard, got our whole family together, called Sammy, announced "RELEASE THE HOUND", to which my 7 year old answered, "THE HOUND SHALL BE RELEASED"...lol...My hubby then very dramatically flung open the patio door...lmao!...Poor Sammy just sat there waiting for us to snap his leash on him...lol...We stepped out 7 called him & after some hesitation he came out & started sniffing around & the neighbors & my family all clapped & cheered his name...lol...H e stuck pretty close to me last night but by today has figured it out...All of the sudden the command "come" means nothing to him...Go figure...lol.. .I can see we are going to have to work on obidience all over again...Thankf ully his adult class should be starting soon...Anyway, he is loving the freedom & I am still nervous he will figure out how to go over the fence...Today he found a spot that the fencer leveled with fresh dirt & started digging...He was corrected & redirected back to the area he is allowed to dig in...He did good with that...Anyway, this is HEAVEN for Sammy Whammy & for us!...I just wanted to share with the people who will understand!

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
Re: Samson's fence is up!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 02:32:04 pm »
Thats awesome!  I can't wait to get a fence for Sophie.  We're thinking maybe within the next year or so...   We have a smaller yard and a neighbor that doesn't really like our dog or her big poops even when they're in our yard but look like they might possible be touching the line! grr  A fence would stop that. Good luck with re-learning what the word 'Come' means  :)
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 03:51:01 pm »
Yah Samson! Freedom must be so exhilierating for him now but I pictured the scene when he was first released and starting busting up. Enjoy the new fenced yard.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 05:42:30 pm »
This morning Samson discovered the swampy, yucky area WAY out back...I knew it would happen but was hoping it would take longer...My big, white, stinky dog was a big black, mud covered, VERY stinky dog...I couldn't help but laughing...I don't think he's ever been really dirty before...His whole body was just yelling, "LOOK I'M A REAL DOG"!!!...lol...A bath with the hose followed which he did not enjoy at all...lol...Th e poor sap!...I am hoping my hubby gets some kind of barrier out there before he leaves tomorrow for work...He drives semi so it will be Thurs. before we can get something up otherwise...I just spent over $3000.00 on a fence...Dear Lord don't make me have to take my giant, overzealous dog out on a leash for another 6 days!!! :P

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 05:51:31 pm »
Congratulation :D That feeling is soooo good, we built this house about 1,5 years ago and got the privacy fence up in the beg. of this year. Now I dont know what I would do without it, it is real easy to get used to lol.... I can picture Sammy in the mudhole mmmmmm that stuff smells sooooo NOT good. Good Luck with "come" mine are no good with that either when they are in the yard, but when out training or just not in the yard they listen much better, so maybe when he gets out he will still remember that work  ;)

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Luvmydanes

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 06:11:17 pm »
Congrats on the new fence. We built kind of like a dog run, but out of wood. Looks more like a coral. We say its our mini coral for our mini horse. lol. We looked into chain link and all that good stuff to fence in the back yard, but our actual back yard for Dane and Jazz is about an acre and it was way too expensive for us right now, so we made do with what we have. Whatever works I guess. I bet Samson is in doggy heaven!

Kandi