Author Topic: "Anorexic" Geman Sheperd  (Read 7313 times)

Offline paharts

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Guinness, Kado, Holi
    • View Profile
Re: "Anorexic" Geman Sheperd
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2006, 12:27:50 pm »
beware the 'selfproclaimed genius' ;)
most of the one's i've known [in dogs, horses, & computers] were the most dangerous people around. they usually know a little bit & think there is nothing else they can learn so just 'run with it'. as long as you know there are people out there who know more than you and as long as you make it a goal to learn as much as them, you will always be headed down the correct path and will truly have the welfare of those around you at heart.

as for not feeding kibble & satin balls at the same time ... i don't see why not. their digestive system breaks down everything the same way [whether it's edible or not :-\]. a cow's digestion is done in stages but they handle that with regurgitation. dogs and people are not that way.

it is absolutely awesome that you are able to feed her 3 times a day ;D! it is much easier on the digestive tract and will help her health improve a lot more than only once/day.

i will keep checking back for more pictures.  best wishes,
We might not be able to save them all, but we sure can try - Hart's Animal Rescue & Training-Forever Home Adoptions/H.A.R.T.-FHA

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2006, 09:32:13 pm »
I had a dog like that and i fed enough Diamond dry dog food that he will eat in 5 minutes 4 times a day. (not to much if they will eat till they drop, just till they are fullish) then along with that 2 times a day i fed 6.5 ounces Pedigree canned dog food. if it doesn't make sense, i am sorry, it is kinda hard to explain. ask your vet if this is what would be best for this dog.

Leah
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Sammie- Newfoundland/Border Collie mix
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Stinky- Silver Marten rabbit
Ruby, Mambo and Charlotte- Rats
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Bailey the Wolf-Dog 1998-2007
Spanky- Rabbit 2000-2007

Offline Kori

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2006, 06:32:51 am »
Here's my beauty after a few weeks of normal feeding! She is just so cute and clueless  :P ;D
Hope you like her...

By the way, there's my cat in one pic, they became friends as soon as they met!! He sleeps on her and she has someone to chew and chase!  ;D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 06:34:18 am by Kori »
I'm not fat! I'm a woman and a half.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2006, 08:20:27 am »
She looks great!!!! Love them ears!