Author Topic: Spay surgery Question?  (Read 2760 times)

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Spay surgery Question?
« on: February 13, 2006, 01:30:27 am »
Queenie was Spayed last Wednesday and she seems to be doing fine but her stitches look a little tight and red to me and I noticed she has what kind of looks like a lump beside her incision??? Sha hasnt been very active but she wasnt very active to begin with! There is no discharge at all and it looks nice and clean. Do you think this is normal or should I take her and have it looked at???
She is the first dog I have ever had spayed and I dont really know what to watch for???? Help please! :-\
thanks cuttles

Offline Mommy2samson

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Spay surgery Question?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 06:17:21 am »
Hi there...I think that it is likely ok as long as it's not red....keep an eye for a hernia (bulge beside the incision) just make sure it's not getting bigger   From...guess who...Love ya

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 08:35:09 am »
Thanks Big sis! I should have known to just call and ask you! I will be talking to you soon. Love Ya back!
cuttles

Kiahpyr

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 03:10:07 pm »
Kiah's was the same after her spay. I would just keep an eye on it to make sure the bump doesn't get bigger. It took a few weeks for it to go away. I even took her into the vet and they said it was fine.

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 05:53:08 pm »
Thanks for the reply! Makes me feel better knowing your puppy had the same and it was normal. I will keep an eye on it. At least now I dont feel the need to rush her off to the Vet.
cuttles

k2campbell

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 11:53:41 pm »
Same thing happened with Kate, and her's turned out just fine!  I think it must be from them trying to get the best tension while stitching? I dunno...

Good thing is Kate turned out fine (so) I'm sure Queenie will too!  ;)