Author Topic: Join us at Dixie's next dog show.  (Read 36300 times)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: Join us at Dixie's next dog show.
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2006, 11:54:43 pm »
WOW!!!  She looks GREAT!  Quite enough 'neck' for me!  (whatever THAT means!!)

You go, sweet one!!!

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2006, 09:27:03 am »
She might fill out more in the neck as she gets older.  Do you know if he was referring to more coat or more substance under the coat?  Bummer to have gotten BOB and not have enough points yet!  Been there, done that.  With a duck though, not a dog ;)

One thing I noticed with the ducks is that it is really hard to win really big with a young one.  I suspect that would be true in dogs as well.  Despite the fact that they should evalute the animal partly based on age and how far along they should be developed for their age, the fact remains is that they really have a vision for the mature dog and a young one will rarely have all they need to compete against older ones.  Esp with a Pyr where they mature so slowly, if she's this good now, she's got great potential to keep improving. 
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 09:43:30 am by longshadowfarms »
Daphne

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2006, 09:59:57 am »
More neck probably means more length to the neck  I wouldn't worry about it as a puppy she has a lot more growing to do.  I once had a judge say that to me on a bitch that later placed at the nationals at 6 months old.  Tia has a beautiful neck just not at 6 months old.

I agree - it is very hard to finish a large breed puppy from the puppy group  I usually show mine a few times at that age and then bring them back out when they mature more at around 15-18 months.  But this is great training for when she becomes more competitive or when she is in a larger group where there are points

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2006, 11:19:13 am »
Congratulation s! I really hope I can make one of her shows this summer. Keep me posted on where she'll be and especially if you get closer to Louisiana.

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2006, 12:03:25 pm »
You guys are so great to have as a support group. We are off for today.  If all the dogs show up and she is able to pull off best of winners it would be for 3 points.  However one of the other ladies is know for pulling out dogs at the last second.  I'll post when we get back.

Lisa

Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2006, 11:36:54 pm »
Ok, I may need a bail fund set up if I kill this lady.  You guess it the lady with the dogs to make it a major for best of breed was outside of the ring and did not bring a single dog in.  So no points >:(  Dixie showed her little bottom off.  I am not sure if she will show up for the next three days. I will just have to make the two hour drive and only to find out that there is not even a shot at points.  It's a good think Dixie and I are enjoying everything else about the show.

So it was three more ribbons but no point for today.

Lisa
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 11:54:36 pm by DixieSugarBear »

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2006, 12:04:32 am »
Ok, I may need a bail fund set up if I kill this lady.  You guess it the lady with the dogs to make it a major for best of breed was outside of the ring and did not bring a single dog in.  So no points >:

Lisa
Is this common in the show world?...Is it just accepted because it sounds like it is unfair to the other dogs?...How does this work & why?...Thanks!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2006, 12:12:57 am »
sounds to me she is threatened by the perfection that is Dixie!

At least Dixie is getting some great experience and exposure.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

cricket36580

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2006, 10:14:53 am »
Go get 'em sugar!  Hopefully I'll see you tomorrow.  What are the times again for this weekend?

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2006, 10:34:09 am »
Saturday - 10:55 Ring 3
Sunday - 12:55 Ring 3

See ya at the show ;D

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2006, 11:22:03 am »
Ok, I may need a bail fund set up if I kill this lady.  You guess it the lady with the dogs to make it a major for best of breed was outside of the ring and did not bring a single dog in.  So no points >:

Lisa
Is this common in the show world?...Is it just accepted because it sounds like it is unfair to the other dogs?...How does this work & why?...Thanks!
Why does this happen?

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2006, 11:46:04 am »
Usually it happens cause something happened to one of the dogs - could be lame, not in top condition, blew coat whatever.  Could be ring conflicts so you have to decide who gets shown - not uncommon if you have different breeds.  The most common reason is there are not enough points  If you have a dog that ONLY needs a major and a major doesn't exist for some reason why pay to have your dog shown?  Best of Breed doesn't get a major unless there is a major in one of the sexes. 

Often if you ask a handler/owner will bring a dog in just to hold the point but not always.  There have been many a time where I pulled a dog cause there wasn't a major and that's all I needed.  It costs me $100 every time my dog goes in to the ring- NOT including travel expenses.  To go to a full week circuit like this it would cost $1000 per dog to show.  Adds up really quick.  And if you have a dog with 15 single points it makes no sense to get a bunch more.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2006, 03:10:11 pm »
Ty for expaling Pat!...My dogs are just cuddle bug couch potatoes (though I am sure Pippin could have been a contender ;D)  so I was interested in knowing how it worked!

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2006, 06:43:02 pm »
Actually, I think the reason doesn't enter her dogs is because she won't win.  She enters more than one dog so that at least one of hers will get points, but she doesn't even bathe, brush, or groom her dogs. In the mobile show, the judges hand was filthy after examining her dogs.  She won't enter if she knows she can't win.  I think it's more of a spite thing, because I could be wrong, but I believe she's already paid the entrance fee.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2006, 07:10:26 pm »
You got it Brandon that is just what she does. Today she did bring on dog in ring but it was not enought for a point.  But we have more ribbons ;D

Lisa
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 07:13:20 pm by DixieSugarBear »