Author Topic: Watch out! Here comes Riley!  (Read 3089 times)

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Watch out! Here comes Riley!
« on: February 16, 2006, 04:21:50 pm »
Riley, being the sweet lug of 7.5-month clumsiness that he is, cannot stop or turn quickly when he's in a full gallop. He is pretty good about slowing down for people, when that's who he's running to (unless he's trying to get a running start to fling the front half of his body onto your lap or if you are squatting or sitting-fair prey, he thinks).

He likes to chase Sadie all around the dog park in our neighborhood, but he doesn't always miss the people he's running by. The other day, I saw him coming, tried to move, but he made a direct hit-right into my knees/legs. I went flying up and landed flat, face-first, on the ground. His back legs were kind of under my back legs, but he got up, brushed it off and continued to chase Sadie (Mom, you're on your own).

It became the talk of the dog park and now everyone braces themselves against trees or sits at the picnic table when Riley comes running by. LOL

lins_saving_grace

Re: Watch out! Here comes Riley!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 04:23:24 pm »
Awww.  he's cute! 
Gracey is a banger-into-er on the run too. 

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 07:24:14 pm »
Oh I so know that feeling.....we have fairly narrow hallways and Kali loves to run down the halls.  Everyone knows to flatten against the wall now.  Plus when we're babysitting the two nard we end up with over 400lbs of clumsy dog running down the halls top speed which is always fun.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline Teamshredit

• Big Paw Certified
  • Aspen having fun near Mammoth Lakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 07:31:10 pm »
I love thwe clumsy stage! Although some dogs stay that way....it adds character  :D
Chip took the dogs to the park yesterday and said he was almost taken out by an adolescent Dane. He got slimed on the arm the poor guy.....lol
Zane - St Bernard/Shepherd mix
Aspen - Pyr/Malamute mix
Craig - Our Ridgie, has gone over the Rainbow Bridge

Icerotti

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 09:38:53 pm »
Oh poor you...Farley is a taker outer too ::)

Lyn

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 09:46:17 pm »
Bubba used to plow into me when he got the 'zoomies'. He would purposly aim for me though the bugger. I'd try to dodge him but I've ended up flat on my face quite a few times.I know my neighbours are probably wondering what I'm cursing and yelling for. Usually it's because while your laying on the ground (as if that didn't hurt enough) he will come over, maul the crap out of me and slobber all over my head. He thinks once your down it's fair game. Good luck trying to get back up. LOL