Author Topic: If you think your dog sheds...  (Read 16608 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
If you think your dog sheds...
« on: May 21, 2005, 05:00:28 pm »
then just take a look at Bear and Bear. We decided to make a body double for him in case something should happen just to be on the safe side.  ;D Can you believe how much hair has come out of his undercoat? Without the rake he'd be dying of heat and dead hair and I would be dying from cleaning up all the extra hair on the carpet. hehehe
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

nickerbokker

Re: If you think your dog sheds...
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 05:07:19 pm »
LOL, i love the body double idea!!!!!!!

damn the hair!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 05:11:23 pm »
That is just toooooooooo funny. 
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 06:14:20 pm »
That is too funny!  We are almost done shedding here, thank goodness!  I wonder how many pounds of hair I have swallowed...

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
Love Bear's body double picture!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2005, 06:18:44 pm »

You guys are way too funny!  That is a great picture of Bear and his body double! Absolutely adorable. 

Happy grooming to one and all!

Anita from NJ & the 3 Very hairy Newfies

Offline rockettgirl68

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • chance precious an john
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2005, 06:20:37 pm »
chance doesnt shed all that much thank god  lol  but precious my cat omg  she sheds so much im surpriced shes not bold lol
http://p2.forumforfree.com/furbabies.html
a place to talk about all your pets regardless what they are

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2005, 10:09:11 pm »
Great story! You must have been so shocked when you saw that nest!
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline connolly

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2005, 10:02:34 am »
Love the story about the bird nest. I or should I say Sassy supplys all of our birds with housing marerial. We have 5 nests in our rain gutters. One outside my bedroom window that houses a family every year. With all the activity I think they should be hatching soon. Brushed Sassy yesterday because we had a breeze and I could stand down wind as the hair went flying and she is short hair. Tried brushing Seamus, noticed the word tried because at 6 months he is more interested in eating the brush that letting me brush him and he wasn't shedding at all. This is my first experience with a rough coat, he looks a mess, his hair is long and curly and he has this crazy wild look, not to mention he usually has mud up to his elbows because water is his favorite thing. I'm hoping this week will get warm enough to give these guys a bath it's way over due.
The older I get the less I know

Offline poofynewfy

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2005, 08:53:05 pm »
OMG! Bear sheds sooo much! Great idea to make him a body double. To funny!

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2005, 09:32:05 pm »
HaHa, love Bear's body double, so clever.  ;D  Reminds me why I like large, short haired dogs.  However, I have sheep and you talk about shedding, I have to hire somebody out to take care of that stuff and then I cannot even sell it because it won't even fetch as much as aluminum can recycle money.  Wonderful world of animals.   :-\

Peggy
Peggy

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2005, 10:00:46 pm »
 ;D That is too funny, I love the pictures, in the last one it looks like Bear is laughing his butt off at the body double. We dont have much problem with 3 of them, but Zeus the husky is horrible, it looks almost that way, and you wonder where it all comes from, because after a few days it looks like he hadnt seen a brush in years again, but when he is done with the spring/summer shedding, it is not all that bad. Once when I was working as a groomer and a person came in with a very very poorly cared for husky mix, and complained about what I was going to charge them, I saved all the hair in a big black trashbag and gave it to them when they came to pick the dog up, just to show them, that it is not a 15 min work to get all that coat off, they actually brought the bag home, said they wanted to show their friends lol.....

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Nicole

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2005, 12:52:18 pm »
I always fill up a garbage bag with Cabeza hair at the beginning of the summer! hahaha! I'm sure I could do a "body-double" with his hair, too. That was a really funny thing to do!!! hahahha! I love it!

dohertyswissy

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2005, 02:02:00 pm »
That is just too funny!!!  What a fabulous idea!  Ranger is blowing his undercoat as well and I was just saying that I've swept up at least a Ranger and a half in the past two weeks!!  I don't think I could get away with making a body double for Ranger, b/c all of his undercoat is kind of a dark gray...I'd be kind of hard to get those tri-color markings right!!  Maybe I could make a wiemerainer instead??   :D 

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2005, 02:22:14 pm »
We finally threw away the body double that took about an hour to pull out. We are continuing to get rid of his undercoat almost daily now so that we can keep him cool- it's 92 here today! And I know that the vacuum is appreciative of all of our hard work.
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2005, 03:02:51 pm »
vacuum, yeah I have gone through a few of them, I am currently working on my fourth vacuum since I moved here (5 years ago) this time we got a Dyson, they say "it never stops working in the com. on tv) hehe let's see if thats true.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog