Author Topic: Catdog  (Read 5058 times)

Offline Bernertomboi

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Catdog
« on: June 01, 2007, 02:34:46 pm »
I don't know if anyone has ever hear of that show, but my roomie and I are now calling MAddax are little Catdog.  He is picking up on his brothers behavoirs.  For example when they play he will turn side ways and him and Blaine will circle each other like that (he is still trying to figure out how to put his hackles up).  He also likes to pat them like they do each other, if they are sleeping he wll comeup to the, sit down, and then slowly raise his paw to pop them, then run away. 

I think my favorite though is the other day he got real low and stalked Julian, pounced on him, and then began to use his back paws to attack(all in fun no hissing or growling).  I will have to get a picture of it.

Has anyone elses BP's picked up on his cat siblings behavoirs?  He is around dogs almost daily, but is now playing with them as if he were a cat.  Should I be worried about this behavoir?

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Catdog
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 02:55:51 pm »
Oh yes, we have Dats around here, too!   ;D  ;)  Ours will sometimes do something so cat-like that we laugh and call them "dats".  I wouldn't worry and it sounds like they play together nicely, so that's great!  Aren't they fun to watch?   ;D   I'd just keep an eye out to be sure that it stays gentle, but it sure sounds fine from here.  Enjoy!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Bernertomboi

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 07:58:00 pm »
No so far things have been gentle, but the cats also have a five foot tree that Maddax can't quite get to them yet (who knows in a year).  It is absolutley hilarious to watch, especially because they are getting along. 

angelsmama

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 11:57:10 pm »
Dotty was like that. She thought she was a cat. She would rub all over you like a cat and make a rumbling noise like she was trying to purr. Dotty was such a goof :D So I do understand the CatDog deal  :)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 03:22:42 am »
I have one for you and I wish I had gotten pics of it but Kaila watched her cat siblings using the litterbox and she would use it too.  She would crawl into the litterbox and dig and then pee just like the cats do but she wouldn't bury it.  Then she would jump out of the litterbox.  Of course, this was when she was around 10-12 weeks old and hadn't figured out that it was edible. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Bernertomboi

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 10:00:15 am »
HAHA I am sure that Julian and Blaine would love to have him in their litter box.  I personally would think it was hillarious (they have the booda dome with stairs and covered).  Blaine did sort of do something similar a couple days ago.  I was sitting watching tv and we are trying to house break, so we have puppy pads.  Blaine walked over did his bussiness and then tried to cover it on the puppy pad. 

I am hoping that Maddax never finds out that the stuff in the box is edible. 

I know what you mean about wishing you had pictures I feel that with a puppy I should just carry the camera everywhere with me.