Author Topic: Cane Corso's have big paws too.  (Read 71441 times)

Offline cooker

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Cane Corso's have big paws too.
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2005, 01:38:41 pm »
Her's Hamish a couple of months ago. His ears are natural-it just suits his personality, and his tail was docked right after birth.

Offline hugs4luca

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2005, 04:07:08 pm »
We had the most amazing CC named Luca as well.  He was also a blue brindle.  He has been gone from us for three years now but, he was my best friend and I miss him deeply.

Luca died of osteoscarcoma at the age of 7.  When I started researching the web for breeders (we have had 4 CCs with in the family) I could not believe the shift in the breed.  I could not justify it for our home owners (we are insured by Lloyd's of London because of a TRUE mishap).  We now have a couple of Leonbergers - they are lovely giant dogs - but with a lot of hair and not as bright as my boy Luca.

Boy - do I miss him.

renee in new orleans

« Last Edit: April 06, 2005, 04:10:46 pm by hugs4luca »

Offline msbrookins

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
I have a Cane Corso also
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2005, 11:25:46 am »
Hello.

I'll be the second one with a Cane Corso. His name is Maximus Del Morgan, Nuccio x Cleopatra, from Italy, and by Morgan Cane Corso. He's a little under 2 in these pictures, but was able to put on weight to be 100lbs now at 2 years.
courtney brookins

Offline dogsrbetrpeople

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2005, 12:01:56 am »
Did you ever get your Bronx back from Texas? We had 2 CC's after a owning a Rott and you are right they are very hard tempered dogs. Sweet and faithful, but sometimes bull headed. Both our CC's we Scandifio CC's and unfortunately the first one had very advanced hip dysplasia and only lived to be 18 months old. The replacement was one of the sweetest girls I every had, but at 4 months old, after being in a run. Well, she had major crate anxiety and just could not keep form peeing all over herself even for short periods of time, less than 2 hours even. I gave her to a lovely family my sister knew with 33 acres and a nice 2 year old Dane. The last time we saw Mia, she was living life and had her new family wrapped around her paw! They can be challenging as a breed, but are lovely faitful, commited dogs. I hoep your baby is nto living tied to a tree anymore!

God Bless and Good luck!

henrysmomma

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2005, 12:03:46 am »
Hi, I am new to this forum and feel lucky to have come across this discussion. I am just starting to really look for a good working Cane Corso. I live in Canada, so I have been unlucky in my search here. If you guys could point me in the right direction I would be extremely grateful.  Thanks ;D

Offline orion5221

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Kiahali
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2005, 06:38:38 am »
Hello, I have a cane corso ( ORION) who is 9 and a cane corso/ bullmastiff mix puppy.  I absouletly LOVE the breed! What kind of work are you planning to do with your CC?  I wanted, and actually started training Orion in Schutzhund, but his temp was alittle to soft.  I did all the obedience  (and he learned very quickly) and started with the tracking and protection but then changed gears to agility and Rally~ I have found that the can be fairly sensitive and positive a postive approach works well. They still need a good leader with good dog skills, but not a hard handed one! Orion will turn 9 next week and is still very acitve, can turn on a dime, go hiking, swimming and loves to chase the geese :) but still is nice nad mellow in the house... I love him dearly!
Enjoy, LA
ps... make sure you are OK with drool before getting a CC...
LA & Gang

henrysmomma

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2005, 08:29:54 pm »
Hi Orion! Pleased to meet you! I really want to work the dog in schutzhund, so I am looking for a line that has a higher than average prey/protection drive. I also would like to work in search and rescue with the dog.

thanks

PS i am ok with drool ;)

Offline Pierre

• Gnawer
  • Sir Hugo Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2005, 08:30:45 am »
If you are looking for awsome drive and good loyalty you can check out Presa canario's also

Offline msbrookins

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2005, 02:34:48 pm »
Hi dogsrbetrpeopl e,

Just because you're in Canada doesn't mean you'll have bad luck! There are alot of good breeders up there. I would start out with FCI organization, they may have a breeders guild to point you in the right direction. Up in Canada, there's the Canadian Cane Corso Club, http://www.canadiancanecorso.ca/   you might want to try that also. I have a 2 year old Corso that came in from Italy ( Morgan Cane Corso), through California Cane Corso. Here in the states, we have the ICCF www.canecorso. org  that has a breeders guild as well.

FYI- Between the two organizations, ICCF and CCC, there's a lot of back and forth regarding the standard of the breed and which is best. In the Corso's you have Italian lines and American lines, both are beautiful and both will give you want you're looking for, but Americans love their dogs big and that's what you'll get. I've found that the Italian lines are more refined and smaller than the American Breeds.

If you need any help, please feel free to email me at msbrookins@hotmail.com

Good Luck! :)
courtney brookins

henrysmomma

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2005, 08:10:46 am »
Thanks msbrookins and pierre!
I have looked into both the ICCF and the ccc for the past year. Neither have yielded very much in the way of breeders unfortunately. I have looked into presas as well, and though they are excellent dogs the cane corso appeals to me a bit more. ;)

Thanks ;D

Offline msbrookins

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2005, 02:59:36 am »
Hey henrysmomma,

That's really disheartening to hear, regarding the ICCF and the CCC, since we're such a small breed representation . Well, never the less, there's hope. Here are some breeders that I know are very reputable and knowledgeful.

1. California Cane Corso, Bob and Leilani Sauza, www.california canecorso.com, they are the American contact for Morgan Cane Corso in Italy also they have their own breeding program.
2. Burgwald's Kennels, Mike Burgwald, http://www.burgwaldkennel.com/ , he's a wonderful guy and breeder, if Mike cannot help you, he knows enough to point you in the right direction.

Let me know if you need my help, my name is Courtney. ;) :D
courtney brookins

henrysmomma

« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2005, 09:53:16 am »
Hi!
Thanks courtney, I will look into those links and see what i come up with ;D

Offline msbrookins

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2005, 06:49:12 am »
Hey henrysmomma,

How's the search going? Any good news?
courtney brookins

henrysmomma

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2005, 06:53:21 am »
Haven't found anything yet.(Well there are some very far away that I could have shipped over, but I would really like to visit the puppies first.) So I continue to search, I am thinking of attending some shows and so forth to get more information. I am now also looking into tibetan mastiffs...the y are similar in temperament, but will not be subject to breed specific legislation, should that ever happen here in B.C.

Thanks

Rose

Offline bogardgirl

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2005, 07:58:33 am »
Haven't found anything yet.(Well there are some very far away that I could have shipped over, but I would really like to visit the puppies first.) So I continue to search, I am thinking of attending some shows and so forth to get more information. I am now also looking into tibetan mastiffs...the y are similar in temperament, but will not be subject to breed specific legislation, should that ever happen here in B.C.

Thanks

Rose

ooooh Rose - you're looking into Tibetan Mastiff's????  That was a breed a I went NUTS over when I was looking for a mastiff!!  (I ended up choosing a Leo after years and years of research...and I'm thrilled....bu t keep us all updated on your Tibetan search - such a regal and amazing breed!!!)