Author Topic: i'm a TERRIBLE mom!  (Read 4472 times)

nickerbokker

i'm a TERRIBLE mom!
« on: May 22, 2005, 08:56:47 pm »
so i got home from work today, and i made a pita sandwich and salad and when i was done i threw out my trash and then went in my room with the dogs to be lazy and watch a movie.....at some point, i think it was right before they launched to drill the hole on the astroid, i totally fell asleep.  mind you, ive done this before, but i usually close my bedroom door so the doggies are stuck and safe....well today, i fell asleep for about 4 hours with my door open.  when i came out of the bedroom after angus jumped on my chest and broke my ribs, what do i find on the floor chewed up....A STEAK KNIFE......my knife that i made my pita with ladies and gentlemen!  i put everything away, but left the knife on the counter, and the buttmunch got it off and chewed the shit out of the handle....AND HE DIDN'T CUT HIMSELF ANYWHERE THANK GOD! 

i can't believe how lucky i am!  and i can't believe he got it off the counter!  i'm SOO lucky!

anyway....that s my story!

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: i'm a TERRIBLE mom!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 09:18:56 pm »
This actually helps me in deciding whether or not to get us a new Saint puppy!  I am going back and forth and can't decide whether Leo needs a little brother and when I hear things like this it brings me to reality!  I am spread so thin anyways and a new pup to go with the three skin kids, 2 guinea pigs, Leo and a traveling hubby would just about do me in!  I forget about the puppy stage just like I forgot about the labor pains and 3 am feedings when I decided to have the second and third child...  Keep reminding me please!  I do looooove to hear your stories Nic!

nickerbokker

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 09:27:01 pm »
LOL, GLAD I COULD HELP!!!!!!

i forgot how hard puppies were also....thats why i got one  :-\  and the whole potty training in an apartment with ONLY carpets was SOO stupid LOL.  but screw the carpets, at least he has my bed to pee on like he did last night at 11 when i was literally stepping into it to sleep...he squats and squirts.....wh en you are going to bed at 11, and you have to wake up at 3, and then the dog pees on your sheets, its amazing how quickly you go from love to hate.  needless to say, i was up till one when the sheets were out of the wash!  but remember, along with the bad comes the GOOD.....the constant love, the constant happy dog knocking you over when you get home, the kisses and snuggles! 

i actually think everyone should have a second dog.  i wasn't sure when i first decided to do it, but i was HOPING it would be good for cody, and its been GREAT for cody!  he always has someone to play with!  if mom is busy, or neglecting them and on BIG PAWS ONLY, they just run around and be kids, *cough cough, dogs.  usually, cody is the one getting angus to play!  i think its the cutest thing ever!  so i am glad i did the pee breaks every 15 minutes for the last 6 months, and the washing the sheets every day, and the biting and scratching, and the double poop, because the kids are SOOO happy!  they love eachother so much!

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 09:47:40 pm »
Well, now that just confuses me even more!  The one thing I worry about with Leo is that he's an "underdog" and I worry that he wouldn't like having another little guy around.  Then again, it might just be what he needs.  I wish I could rent a puppy for a week and see how it goes!  Come to think of it, I should of rented a husband and kids too to see how they worked out too before I got so committed!  By the way, you forgot the puppy smell!  LOVE THE PUPPY SMELL!   I might just have to take the plunge...

nickerbokker

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 10:07:26 pm »
LOL.....good luck with whatever you choose!  i can't say what is right for anyone buy me and the boys...but its been great for them!  keep in mind that you ABSOLUETLY MUST post pix every day if you get a baby!  and yes, you are right, puppy smell is just the best!  i however, will continue to post my horror stories because i have nothing better to do lol.....and maybe that will sway you. 

as i type, angus i walking around will drool just falling out of his mouth LOL...i should have gotten a chihuahua.

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2005, 10:17:16 pm »
Thanks so much for the advice!  I'll keep you posted and, of course, should I decide to adopt I will be bragging everyday all day long!  Gotta go watch Deperate Housewives...  I mean, gotta go wash dishes... ya that..

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2005, 11:40:09 pm »
hehe it was a blast to read this topic  ;D My theory is that if you have a puppy, or young dog always, you stay used to it, but if your dog get all well behaved and older it is a big step to take again, so to make sure I am not going to hesitate I get a new dog from time to time lol.... It is that way with kids too (the two legged ones I mean) when you have toddlers and get a new baby, you are kinda already into it, but when it is more years between ouch...... Mine are almost 14, 11 and close to 5, the third one was a total chock for my system lol.... Had totally forgot how no fun the c-sec's are (have to have c-secs for medical reasons) and how tired you are in the middle of the night and how ohhhhh how nice it is before they can move around. And it is pretty much the same with dogs I think. Good luck on your deciding NatsaintB.

Ohhhh yeah, have to tell you all, not long ago when I brougt Galahad to Petsmart, one of their trainers said, "you can get rid of the puppy breath by giving it hmmm think he said green-ums" I just looked at him, with big eyes and said noooo I DON"T want to get rid of that. He said"you actually LIKE that??" I couldnt believe it, I dont think I have ever heard anyone (well dog person) who does not like the puppy smell before. I can lay down and put my head next to Galahads just to have him breathe on me lol....

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

nickerbokker

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2005, 11:49:54 pm »
lol.....lay next to him?  is that all?  i pry open their mouths and stick my nose in it! 

i LOVE LOVE LOVE puppy breath LOL.  that way my favorite part of having a litter of pups....i had 11 babies who layed on my chest all day and just smelled SO delicious!  lol, i wanted to eat them up!  that trianer is a weirdo!

lol, i wish i could just get a new one every so often!  BUT, i already have zero dollars in my bank account so i dont think thats the best idea!  AND, i just dont have space.  i hope to one day have a ranch in the hills, and THEN, i will have packs and packs of them!  along with a pig of course!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2005, 12:06:08 am »
pry open the mouth hehehe, you are sooo funny lol..... I hear you though, having pets tend to empty your pockets, every time you stick your nose into the vet they charge you 150 dollars, it takes 10 min. tops and you pay and have no idea what in the world could cost so much.

I am very fortunate when it comes to where we live. We live outside Charlotte in NC, on a little dead end road, so it is almost like living on the countryside, but it only takes a couple of min. and we are out on the big road, we have two houses next to eachother, together it is about 2 acres, we rent out the smaller house, but not with the whole backyard, most people dont want that big of a yard to take care of, so we have plenty of room for the dogs. I have suggested other animals too, goats and pigs and chickens but hubby who is not quite on the same page as me there, says sure we can have a pig if we can eat it yuck yuck....... our oldest daughter is a vegitarian so she is getting upset to say the least when he is kidding like that. But I would love to have a couple of the pot belly pigs, they say they are easier to house break than dogs, hmmm wonder if that is true.

Marit

nickerbokker

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2005, 12:13:21 am »
george cloony has (or had i dunno) one......if george has one, its good enough for me!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2005, 12:23:39 am »
 ::) someone likes George Clooney lol..... Oh by the way, was it Armageddon you watched??? I love that movie.

Marit

nickerbokker

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2005, 05:08:48 am »
someone loves george clooney!  and yes, it was armageddon!

two for two!