Author Topic: an idea....  (Read 10052 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: an idea....
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2005, 12:58:00 pm »
That is a super idea, hmmmmm "thinking thinking" how does it work on paypal, do you get some kind of conf. when you pay there, if so that could be used to I dont know post or email to the buyer. I have seen a site, not a sore site though, but where when you recieve a mail, attached to it is a confirmation, so the reciever only have to click on the link to send back a confirmation. But I am sure there are way better ways to solve this, hard part is to figure them out though lol.... But it would be so neat, I love that idea.

Ohhhh and Michael, you can not use that to get your way in the bedroom lol...... Remember we girls stick together. I know my husband would use that and use it a lot  ;)

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Rufiesmom

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2005, 01:26:35 pm »
Donating the $ to rescue is a fantastic idea!!  Do you have a list of potential rescue places?  I have a favorite in Wa. state that should be added!  It is a rotti rescue no kill shelter run by a couple who devote their lives to abused and neglected rotties.  They currently have 37 rotties and need all the help they can get.  I am sure there are rescue shelters all over the country that could use help.  Good thinking!!

nickerbokker

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2005, 01:52:50 pm »
OH THANKS FOR NOT SAYING IT WAS A DUMB IDEA!

IVE BEEN WORRYING ABOUT IT ALL DAY AT WORK TODAY!

i did a charity thing a couple of years ago, and when people donated through paypal, they could put which organization they wanted it to go to in the subject line.  or they can write it on their checks....

i TOTALLY agree that the winner of december should be in a winter setting and the winner of july should be in a summer setting.......

and YES, this calendar will be KICK @ss because it is going to have the most gigantic beauitful dogs EVER on it.....so many calendars you get and then there is only one pretty dog in it, only one that really takes your breath away...but with this one, every page is going to ROCK.......

i also think, that the owner of the month, should write a little something about that dog.  a funny story or a life saving story or just a love story.  something special about that dog of the month!

and maybe we could do a puppy calendar AND a dog calendar.....b ecause, they are SUCH separate things.  it wouldn't be fair to say every dog in jan has to be a puppy and every one in november has to be an adult.....and since puppies are SO different and to be honest more huggable, they will win every time. 

and as far as which charity.....ma ybe we could vote on that also.  every month gets a different charity.  so june would be bear and the giant dog rescue...and may would be dane with the something else charity!  i dunno!

anyway......i will help AS MUCH AS I CAN with organizing and stuff....im not too bad at it  ;)
anything else i can do LET ME KNOW, im up for anytying!

dohertyswissy

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2005, 03:01:12 pm »
OMG - just goes to show that I cannot stay off this website for more than one day or I feel like I have TOTALLY missed out on something!!  This is SUCH a WONDERFUL idea!!!  I'm with Marit and Nikki on having the pics be month/holiday appropriate and it would be great to have a little story, or at least information about whatever pup is featured that month.  OMG - sorry, I just realized that made them sound like "pin-up pooches!"  LOL!!   :D  I was thinking that each pooch could have 4 entries, but 1 for each season?  So, you could have a pic of you pooch romping in the snow and also of one digging a big ol' hole in the sand like Ranger does!!  I like doing June/July through the end of 2006 to maximize pooch pics, but Nikki does have a point with puppies vs. dogs.  If there are 2 calendars, I'd definitely have to buy both!!  As far as the charity, maybe the money could go to a rescue group of the breed that is featured that month?  If we have duplicate breeds in the calendar, maybe 1 month it goes to breed rescue and then the other month goes to an all around great rescue group (that would go for our mixed buddies out there to)?   I would just love to have a calendar featuring dogs that I know...well, feel like I know!!  ;)  Sorry if this post is all over the place....my mind is going a mile a minute!  Let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do to help!!!  No more sleep for you Nikki - you have too many FABULOUS ideas!!

Heather  :)

nickerbokker

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2005, 03:08:57 pm »
Nicki...I can never get bored with you around. hehehehe I think it is a great idea and once again you guys on this site are one step ahead of us. We are planning to have a store up sometime in the future and would have a calendar, t-shirts, doggy stuff available for purchase directly from Big Paws Only but aren't ready yet. So..lets brainstorm and figure out who will head this project and how we'll vote, etc. Also, who is cheapest to get calendars made through??

im sorry LOL....i didn't mean to burst your bubble!  and im sorry i keep you busy!  let me know what i can do for ya! i dont intent to come up with an idea and leave everyone else to clean up my mess...

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2005, 03:19:43 pm »
to write a little about the doggy that month is a great idea, and also the puppy and dog calendar and I agree with Heather that it is important to not only favour the breed rescues, there are so many mixed puppies out there that need help. My mind is also working overtime, for a min there when you said pin-up calendar, I was picturing our big babies in a sweet bikini and just imagine Bear in a "speedy" lol hehehehehe  ohhh gosh I am getting a cramp now.

okay I am sane again (as good as it gets anyway) If you need help with anything at all, just shout and I will be more than happy to do what I can. It is not as if I am not already totally neglecting all my wifly duties and the house is getting to be more and more of a mess while I am spending more and more time on here lol....

Marit

nickerbokker

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2005, 04:40:23 pm »
what if we made a screensaver to accompany the calendar?  maybe just some of the calendars, the more expensive ones would have it.....but that is a GREAT way to feature more doggies!  and i would LOVE it

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2005, 05:50:29 pm »
Tina,
I really liked the idea about the twelve winners submitting their favorite charity and then voting for one out of those winners!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2005, 06:45:21 pm »
This is a miraculous and creative idea!  I wish I knew more people in my personal life who can muster up such genius thoughts!  I can't wait to see what happens.  I favor the idea that the procedes go toward charities.  The chances that our dogs' photos will be featured in calendars like "Browntrout Publishing" are near nil, because they only accept photos from select photographers, such as Mark Raycroft, who does many of the rottie photos.  One will notice they are the same dogs, with the same features year after year...that's because they are! 

I will definitely purchase a calendar, or two.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2005, 09:06:36 pm »
Another idea to maybe sell more of them. I think quite a few of us are active in rescue, or know someone who is. Maybe we could offer, choosen rescues to sell also, and the calendars they sell, the proceeds from those will go to them, that way they will be more willing to sell them, and this great site will get som gratis marketing going on, and it all boils down to dogs all over benefitting from it. For example, if we live near a shelter that we like, they could be asked if they want to sell, have a calendar there and take orders. or our vets..... groomers..... I know this will be the cutest calendar out there, so I would not be surprised it sells way more than we think right now.

Marit

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2005, 09:11:43 pm »
Above all - some of our dogs will be FAMOUS!!!!  :)

nickerbokker

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2005, 09:14:49 pm »
OH ITS GONNA BE SO GREAT!  IM SO EXCITED!

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2005, 09:23:24 am »
This is a fantastic idea!!!!!! I am so glad that I have joined such a place! I may be new here, but anything that I can do to help with such a great thing... just let me know.
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2005, 09:27:51 am »
How did I miss this?? Great idea!! Count me in.
Karen
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline new2saints

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2005, 10:33:51 am »
Wow!! COOL IDEA!  Count me in and let me know if I can help!

new2saints