Author Topic: Frito Feet...lol  (Read 22226 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Frito Feet...lol
« on: May 23, 2005, 08:52:28 am »
A good friend of mine has 3 dogs & I get alot of dog savvy info. from her with Samson who is my 1st dog...One fun bit of info. is that if you smell your dogs paw pads they smell like Fritos...lol.. I swear they do..Try it!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: Frito Feet...lol
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 01:26:26 pm »
Thank you sooooo much lol...... I got all excited and ran for Heras foot, she must have stepped in something, because that foot did NOT smell like fritos, lets just say, I need to go wipe her feet down now before she decides to wipe it off in my bed. Ill try it when they are clean instead lol   ;D

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 01:31:40 pm »
That is really wierd. Bear's feet smell like him- they carry his scent just like everything else does.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

nickerbokker

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 02:00:31 pm »
my boys feet smell like grass.  i LOVE it, i have this weird obsession with it! 

Offline bigdoglover

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 02:14:33 pm »
yep, my labs feet have always smelled like fritos and i just love the smell of them! my 1st sharpei's feet did too but not my second one  :( i have heard they smell like that because that is how a dog sweats, thru their feet.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 05:22:58 pm »
Thank God someone else agrees they smell like fritos...lol.. .I was beginning to feel like an idiot....lol!

nickerbokker

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2005, 05:24:43 pm »
LOL, dont feel like an idiot, never ever ever on this board should you feel like an idiot.  were all cool people on here :D

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 07:19:59 pm »
LOL.  I just posted a few moments ago in the rottie forum how their plump little rottie pads smell like popcorn.  Fritos, too.  That's funny!  Sometimes I walk into the bedroom and all three monsters are sprawled around, two on the bed, one on the floor, and the whole room smells like "Fritos/popcorn!"
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2005, 08:58:17 pm »
well, we washed our feet after the first try that didnt go too well, but Heras feet still dont smell other than Hera (much better than the poop smell last time lol) Galahad I think his still smell just puppy, Both Buffy and Zeus feet smelled like grass when I checked them. So no fritos here  :(

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2005, 09:32:31 pm »
Now you have me curious, I will try it and let you know.
Peggy

nickerbokker

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2005, 09:33:58 pm »
i just tried it again (LOL, CODY THINKS MOM HAS GONE BONKERS LOL)...and i kinda get the frito thing.  mostly becaus i want to smell fritos so i am in the cool club....but i think some of the smell is actually there.  angus just smells like angus, i cant describe it lol.

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2005, 01:16:41 am »
OMG you are right!!!!!! :o  I wonder why they smell like Fritos ???
It is a very salty smell though.  OMG again, we are turning into our dogs, that is how they check everthing out, with their noses. I think  we are all going mad. Is there any hope. :-[
Peggy

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2005, 07:10:13 am »
I think it's their perspiration, since they have sweat glands in their feet.  So, smell them after they've been exercising.  Also, perhaps diet plays a role in the odiferousness.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

ann

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2005, 07:51:30 pm »

my dogs feet always smell like frito...i told my hubby to smell them but he said no but i think he did but doesnt want me to think he as gooft as i am.....i like the smell of thier ears and the best thing is puppy breath....love it

ann

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2005, 09:08:26 am »
It was only a few months ago when I caught a good friend of mine taking a big smell of Hutch's paws. She told me she loved the smell, she said it is like a movie theatre filled with popcorn! Now everytime she comes over she has him sit and give his paw so that she can smell his feet. I have warned her, there may be a day that it won't be such a good idea!!
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey