Author Topic: Webster is finding his voice  (Read 2632 times)

Offline Heighway

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Webster at 8 months
    • View Profile
Webster is finding his voice
« on: February 23, 2006, 08:35:28 pm »
Webster is such a talker.  He woofs to go outside and he woofs to come in.  He woofs when he wants to play or if he needs a "hand up" to get up on the bed. He woofs if something is said directly to him and he gives a sharp, short little "talk back" woof when he is told "no!" (then he will lie down and put his head between his paws and look ever so sad).  Sometimes he talks to the neighborhood.  He will stand at attention and go "woo woo woo"  in a wee little voice.  Until this morning.  Then, he was doing is woo woo woo thing when all of a sudden it became a full fledged howl (like a coon dog)  He looked back over his should at me with the whites of his eyes showing as if to say "where in the world did THAT come from?".  Then I swear, he tried for 5 minutes to do it again but it just wouldn't do it.  It was soooo funny.  I would have loved to have it on video.
Karen

Offline Heighway

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Webster at 8 months
    • View Profile
Re: Webster is finding his voice
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 08:59:44 pm »
Pic of my 3 good buddies.  Riley is my goldie sweatheart, Copper is my son's demon dog who visits often, and Webster the newfance, almost 7 months old already!
Karen

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 10:27:04 pm »
They're all such cuties...espec ially webster...I'm not newfie biased i'm not ;D
I feel your pain...Kali found her voice a little while back....hmmm the trick now is to get her to be quiet.  She howls, does the talk back, or barks nonstop when she doesn't get something she wants.  It's getting to the point we're all losing our hearing. :P
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 12:43:14 am »
What cuties! :)

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 07:01:42 pm »
fumble is def a chatter himself... if it were up to him he would bark 24/7!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline Heighway

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Webster at 8 months
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 09:11:45 pm »
I knew I could never replace my first newf, Hightower and I didn't try.  But it is unbelievable how different Webster is.  I had HT for 14 years, never heard him utter a sound, much less bark until he was 10 or 11 years old.  Webster carries on conversations! hahahaha.... either with me, Riley, the neighborhood canine citizens or if no one else will listen, I think he just barks to himself.
Karen