Author Topic: What breed is your husband?  (Read 20701 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
What breed is your husband?
« on: May 23, 2005, 10:35:51 pm »
I read in Oprah mag. that women tend to choose the same kind of husbands as they choose dog. The women who have very active dogs, usually end up happy with a sporty man. The ones with a real intelligent breed, will chose a smart, well paied man. and so on. That made me wonder what we on here want. We all have these giant, slobbery, drooly, heavy and sometimes very very hairy dogs. What kind of men do we fall for???? Are they big and makes us feel safe, big snugglers or what is it that makes our men and our dogs alike.

I was thinking real hard to try and come up with an answer and well, lets face it I married a good ol' mixed breed. I'd say he is quite big and "safe" so that I guess would be the Mastiff, he also snapps for no reason sometimes so a little chow there, he is very loyal so Golden, A hard worker so maybe a bit of german shepherd too, but when we have a fight I KNOW he is quite a bit terrier too. Soooo what does that make him??? A nice, loyal, dependable mixed breed  ;D

What breeds can you all see in your husbands??

Marit

what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: What breed is your husband?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 10:44:37 pm »
Hmmm. Very tall and lanky so Irish Wolfhound.  Sweet, for the most part and dependable:  Newf!!!  Grouchy without food:  back alley dog!  Another mixed breed!!!   

But what does that make us, mating with a mixed breed?  I'm somewhat of an alpha bitch (when I have to be!).  Wish I was tall and lanky (but today I feel more like a dachsund!), sweet and dependable most of the time:  Newf!  A great guardian of my sheep:  Pyr!  I must be a female mixed breed!  Good match!  Both "mutts"!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 10:49:23 pm »
Oops.... hehe didnt think that it would come to this, but since we are such a "straight forward" group of people, I guess I can admit it. I dont have a breed, according to hubby I am just a queen B%^#*  :o And I know for sure that had I been a dog, I would have been spayed a looong time ago, to not spread my blood lines further lol....

Marit

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 11:06:21 pm »
I think I'd have to say that my husband is a mix as well....he's so handsomly cute, lovable and totally huggable like a Newf, tall and skinny like an Irish Wolfhound, protective and territorial like a Great Pyrenees and loves to take risks like a ??? Hmm- I dunno what dog takes risks and is attracted to dangerous sports/activities, but that describes him!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 07:46:34 am by jabear »
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Nicole

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 02:57:55 pm »
Ha! This is funny! Mark (my boyfriend) is tall and skinny and blonde with thick hair...Irish Setter? He has lots of nervous energy......Bo rder Collie? But, he's wise and deep....Newf. For sure. (Oh, and he's also Canadian! So, definitely Newf!) And, along those same lines, a psychic once told him that in a past life he was on the Lewis and Clarke expidition...s o, maybe he was the Newf on the expidition? hahahha! Guess he's a mix, too, just like my doggie Cabeza. Come to think of it, those two are very similar creatures..... ...

Me? Well, I'm loyal and laid back...but don't back away from a fight...guess like a Pit Bull. Though not quite that muscular! I'm also exceedingly motherly...kin d of like a Saint. Another mix, I s'pose!

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005, 07:14:56 pm »
Oops!  He's definitely not a rottweiler.  Hmmmm.....mayb e....an....Afg han hound.....

No, just kidding!  Did I say that?

I think he's a chow.  Yeah, that's it.  My boyfriend of twelve years is a chow.  He's quiet, aloof, sturdy, dependable...e tc.  His tongue may even be purple....
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005, 06:45:45 am »
OMG!!...My hubby IS a Pyr!!...That is SSSSOOOOOOOOOO OO wierd!...That's him in the pic with Samson here...He is mellow but always has a grip on what is going on around him...He is very intelligent but also stubborn...He looks big & tough but is a big ol' teddy bear but watch out if you mess with what is "his" meaning me & the kids...He has a strong sense of what his territory is & what belongs to him...He also doesn't like his "sheep (me & the kids) going far without him...He's not controlling but worries terribly when we say like go to my sisters which is only about 1 hr. from here...He is most settled when he knows we are home & safe...He has always made me feel very safe!

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 07:08:48 am »
LMAO!!!! Mine??? Lately I would say he is kinda like a poodle. Always wanting to shag my leg. HEHEHE Hope he doesnt read this. OH yah I was thinking that maybe we have found the reason why men insist on peeing outside??
Really though I would say he is a mixed breed. Loyal, hard working, protective, and a bit bull headed.
Me??? I would say Im the most like a St. Hubby was the one who picked Judge so I guess he likes BIG GIRLS with big paws too. HEHEHE
KAren
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2005, 07:45:55 am »
I thought I would just go ahead and ask my hubby what breed he is and let him decide for himself.  He said Mastiff (go figure...) because they are big?   I think it's because he is big, laid back, losing his hair and farts a lot!  That could be a lot of different breeds, I guess.  I think he is definately a mutt because he has a lot of great qualities of a bunch of dogs :D  Is that a compliment?   I hope he doesn't read this...

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2005, 10:53:28 am »
I would have to say mine is a German Shepherd because, well he was born in Munich and his name is Johann for one thing, he has broad shoulders, is usually quiet, determined, intelligent (but not a show-off about it - just goes about his business), and would work non-stop if he could. He protects what is his. He doesn't have much of a temper, but watch out if he decides to snap! He has an enourmous BARK!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2005, 01:20:01 pm »
I thought I would just go ahead and ask my hubby what breed he is and let him decide for himself.  He said Mastiff (go figure...) because they are big?   I think it's because he is big, laid back, losing his hair and farts a lot!

;D As I read this, I am to the point where I have to put a clothes pin on my nose, my Galahad (OEM) is doing some serious farting, I had to get up and see if he by any chance had had an accident, but nope...... just a little gassy lol..... So if that is the breed specific, my hubby definately has a LOT of mastiff in him too lol....

Marit

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2005, 04:15:56 pm »
I would have to say that my fiance is part Dobie, very protective of me and has lots of energy and probably some Newf cause he is very huggable.  There is actually a website with this cute game where you answer a bunch of questions then you find out what breed of dog you would be, I will try to find it and pass it along.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2005, 04:20:07 pm »
I did that game after watching it on Good Morning America one day and it came no where near what I thought I was. I was a dog I have never even heard of....poor me...I was hopin' to be a Newf.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Nicole

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2005, 04:44:13 pm »
I did that one!!! It said I was a Pit Bull! hahahaha!

Offline ting1sf

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
I rather love a dog than a human. Because you put  100% into a dog , you get 200% back. As for humans you sometimes you get nothing back.