Author Topic: Camping!!!  (Read 25701 times)

nickerbokker

Re: Camping!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2005, 08:15:50 pm »
im working all weekend.....BU T I'LL TAKE PICTURES ANYWAY LOL

everyone knows i love my pix!  ::)

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2005, 07:19:54 am »
nickerbokker. Cant wait to see more new pics of your Babys. Ive been waiting to see new ones from you. ;D Sorry to hear you have to work. Have a great weekend anyway!!
Karen
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

GR8DAME

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2005, 07:38:57 am »
2newsaints,
All of my furkids are shorthaired, 2 danes and a dobie, so keeping them cool is alot easier than with a full coated dog like a Saint. I generally tell the campground owners that I am bring three large dogs, so they generally tuck us away somewhere, and often leave the sites on either side empty--their decision, not my request, so I don't have to pay extra. Since we are usually in the back of beyond, if there is a river or stream we are close to it and we take the brats swimming at least once a day. Besides that they always have access to fresh water, and love to horn in on the enevitable frequent human waterfights that break out with alarming regularity. Be aware though, that most of the campgrounds we have been in require a leash at all times, and dogs over 25 lbs are not allowed to be at the campsite unattended, even if confined to your camper, probably because of the soft sided canvas. When we had plans that could not include the brats (horseback riding) we found a local doggy daycare for that time. They did go canoeing with us and absolutely LOVED it.
We also keep a couple of box fans running outside during the day in the worst of the heat, and move them inside at night when it cools off. We don't have air either, and really don't miss it all that much.
Stella

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2005, 08:35:14 pm »
Here's some of a pooped out Bear after hiking a few miles to a camp site last summer.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2005, 08:38:53 pm »
That looks like one pooped pup!  I just want to squeeze him and give him yubs!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2005, 03:23:24 pm »
He sure was. I think he slept for 2 whole days before he was back to his usual self.  :D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2005, 04:26:22 pm »
awww I love those pics he looks so relaxed. Pooped too.Judge has been catching up on his sleep all week. The house has been rumbling with his snorring. LOL
Karen
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2005, 11:46:22 am »
Bear is stunning! I always love the camping trips for the days of sleep that follow for my two. But when they awake.....LOOK OUT!!!!!!!
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2005, 01:29:13 pm »
Bear is adorable, and the last pic hehe that little pink thing sticking out is too cute. In the first pic he looks like he is day dreaming about alllllll the hot dogs and hamburgers he'll have for supper lol....

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2005, 08:00:23 pm »
Camping near Metaline Falls, WA at Noisy Creek Campground.  Getting ready to go...we are excited...yes, we are!  But, Betti has no idea where we are going.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2005, 08:02:24 pm »
Betti is not sure about this.  It is her first evening at the campsite and, to the best of our knowledge, she has never slept in a tent before.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2005, 08:03:54 pm »
Betti and Lou at the site.

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2005, 08:05:31 pm »
Betti loves to chase the hose, but this was really something!  She tried to walk on the water, then she tried relentlessly to dig the water out and/or empty the lake.

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2005, 08:07:06 pm »
Still trying to splash all the water out of the lake...this time a different lake altogether.   ;D

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2005, 08:08:25 pm »
Little Betti finds out she can swim...looks more like a panicked sprint for shore.  ;D