Author Topic: Maybe Bubba is scary after all....  (Read 4551 times)

Lyn

Maybe Bubba is scary after all....
« on: March 03, 2006, 07:14:42 pm »
Earlier I'm sitting on the puter reading here at BPO. And I hear a knock at the door. So I run upstairs and 'thought' I closed the door tightly to keep Bubba downstairs. (He's a bit hyper when when people first come into the house so I figured he'd be out of the way) Well it's the gas guy.. something about our contact that locks in the gas prices is due to expire and he was wondering if we wanted to renew it. Well the gas bill is in my fathers name and he's not home. So just as he's talking about rates ect.. Bubba pushes the door open and goes THROUGH my legs lifting me up in the air. And RUNS at the poor guy. He freaks right out. He says OMG he's huge and his eyes got all big and he litterally presses himself up against the door trying to find the handle. I'm like no no no he doesn't bite. LOL As I'm saying that I managed to get ahold of Bubba and push him up into the kitchen. I turn around to see this guy running out the door saying he'll be back in about 45 minutes. He never came back. LMAO

The thing about Bubba is that he does NOT bark... at all. So unless you know that he's here.. you have no warning until he's in your face. LOL The only dog he heard was my parents little yippy Toy Poodle. So when Bubba came charging upstairs he was a tad shocked.

So maybe that oooooo scary pic I posted it true after all. :D

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Maybe Bubba is scary after all....
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 07:26:17 pm »

Haha he sounds like my brother's friend. She's petrified of dogs but has finally gotten used to Kali. Well when we had the nards at our house, she came over at 3am when she and my bro got out of work (night shift). Well off course Kali went nuts and set off the rest of the gang. So my brother reached in to grab Kali and of course Tyler the 140 lb male charged out to see her....he loves everyone.  All my brother heard was the door to his apartment above our garage slam shut.  He finally managed to shove Tyler into the house and went up the stairs to his room and the door was locked.  She refused to let him in until she peeked around the door and saw it was just Kali.
   Then another one was when my mom worked at a major show barn in her twenties the owner had a newf Ebony aka Bear.  Well the meterman came to check the meters and Bear came running around the corner to go say hi.  Well the meterman gave a very girly scream of "Bear!!!" jumped over the hood of his truck and took off before my mom could tell him she was just a newf...needles s to say Bear was very offended and I don't think that guy ever came back ;D.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

GR8DAME

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 08:26:25 am »
LOL!
Our local pizza delivery guy will only deliver to the far end of our sidewalk. No need to ring the doorbell as the dogs ALWAYS let us know he is there.
I actually find it a bit comforting that people (AKA-Strangers) will not feel free to walk in my house freely. It is one of the only reasons that I can let my daughter (11)come home from school and stay home alone til we get home from work at 5pm. I have never told anyone that my dogs will not bite, nor will I ever. Having seen even slow, mild mannered Merlin go into a frightening "protect" mode when he thought my daughter was threatened, I have no doubt that they would do whatever they had to do to safeguard their pack.
Stella
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 08:27:02 am by GR8DAME »

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 12:59:16 pm »
The 'scariest' dog I have is a soft toy shar-pei I won at Crufts dog show on a raffle a couple of years ago. He's life sized and very realistic - his eyes follow you round the room like those paintings in horror movies  ;D Whe people knock on my door and need to come in to read the meter etc... I always ask them to wait while I put the dogs away. He's had at least 5 people - it's hilarious to see them go white when they first see him, then realize after a few seconds and start laughing when they realize he isn't real. He's even fooled a couple of dogs - he-he!

Here's a picture of my brilliant guard dog along with Marty, a friend's puppy who had come to visit. Marty had a good bark at him as you can see.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 01:01:37 pm by Senghe »

Offline SaintMommy

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Lucy and Charlie with puppy pal Bosley - 10 months
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 12:05:33 pm »
I know Mark and I don't realize how big our baby really is.  However it does come in handy.  We have a new next door neighbor.  You know the best kind that plays really loud music with bass cranked so high your breast bone is vibrating AND you are in your own house, has friends who are a bit shady.  Apparently his parents bought him the house... next door to ours. (Yippee) Cassie was in the front yard on her lead, and he was outside with 4-5 buddies.  I walked over (with Cassie) and introduced myself.  She was on perfect behavior (didn't beg for belly rubs) He said HOW BIG IS SHE... while he stepped back along with the others.  Oh... I don't know. 160-165 pounds. He said, Man that's more than I weigh.  He asked Does she bite?  I said, well she hasn't bit anyone.... YET!"  They all went inside.  I went in and told my husband... He literally fell over in his chair from laughing.  Now, I don't know if this has anything to do with it... BUT we haven't heard any.. THUMP THUMPIN Music in weeks.   
Thanks much,
Renee & Mark

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 08:20:22 am »
Those guys are probably still hiding under the bed afraid Cassie might just be able to open his front door and come in to "visit".

Weedsport, NY

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 08:29:36 am »
Bubba is so cute that must have been very funny!!

When delivery people, meter readers, sales people, politicians come to my door they always ask does your dog bite and my answer is always YES!!  Well, he does bite his stuffed toys, and it doesn't hurt for people to think I have a big scary dog!! 

Offline connolly

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 09:32:28 am »
Can't believe how much Bubba looks like my Sassy Girl, sounds like they have similar personalities except she does bark. Would not hurt a fly but loves to put on the show.
We live out in the woods and different ways people deliver packages just gets more creative. Federal Express just drives around our dirt loop fast and flings what ever on to the front lawn. Seamus our other Saint has eaten quite a few packages because of this. One delivery guy drove through then went down to the main road and just left the box and one time I head Sassy barking and barking and she had some guy trapped in his car looking like Cujo was after him, that movie really did a disservice to St's everywhere.
I asked him why he hadn't jus honked his horn and he just kept muttering couldn't, doubt I'll see him again. At least the UPS people have seemed to figure it out. They bring treats and when a new driver comes along they bring them out here to introduce them to my babies. LOL Sassy loves to ride and is forever trying to get into their truck!.
LOL Seamus the puppy? does the go through my leg thing, hard to keep your dignity when your straddling a dog. Sassy has gotten to big, her thing is standing on a foot then leaning on people she likes till they fall over. You get to know who your real friends are when you have Saints LOL   Connolly
The older I get the less I know

Offline lindar5928

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2006, 07:47:42 pm »
Barney, my 8 month old saint, leans against me all the time. But I have to hold on to something so he doesn't knock me over LOL

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2006, 08:52:03 pm »
LMAO to funny Bubba....Good boy! Those gas people are soooo annoying and Bubba knew it hehe.
Carole