Author Topic: elbow pads?  (Read 4287 times)

Offline ZoesMama

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
elbow pads?
« on: March 05, 2006, 09:12:57 pm »
My first post...
My Zoe is just over 1 year old.  She's had these soft-tissue pillow-type things on the backs of her front elbows.  Are these normal?  I thought they were built-in elbow pads for when she plops down...but today I noticed one is bigger than the other.  Are these normal?

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: elbow pads?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 09:23:20 pm »
If you look under newfoundland disscussions under the topic of Fumble has a big bump(http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,8201.15.html) ...there's information on it.  It's called hygroma.
The suggested website for the elbow pads that help them heal is
DogLeggs at http://www.dogleggs.com/

Hope this helps.  The saint that I know with them is owned by a vet and they don't bother him.  And it is just a fluid cushion to protect the elbows after laying on hard surfaces.

Oh I forgot to comment on how cute she is, and welcome to BPO I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 09:26:52 pm by chaos270 »
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 09:26:58 pm »
Hi ZoesMama!  Welcome to BPO!  Zoe is sure cute!  :) I think Chaos has posted the link...it sounds like Zoe has the same thing. 

Offline ZoesMama

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 09:55:02 pm »
Wow!  Thanks for the quick reply.  This sounds exactly like what she has.  Thanks for the information. 

Offline jules

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 10:49:10 pm »
I think Spotakiss is in love.He also has those pads on his elbows too.We have wood floors.Plus they flop down so had.He was one in November.Welco me to bpo ,just in time for bpos birthday!