Author Topic: San Diego Area Get Together  (Read 6585 times)

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
San Diego Area Get Together
« on: March 07, 2006, 01:08:42 pm »
We are loading up the "dog house" and heading down to San Diego (Santee Lakes) this weekend (Fri - Sun).  Seems San Diego has many great dog parks and we hope to visit several, including at least one of the dog beaches.  If anyone would like to get together just let us know.  We plan to visit two parks each day, one in the morning and one in the evening.

Cindy

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: San Diego Area Get Together
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 01:34:58 pm »
If it wasn't this weekend, I would meet you.  I have a third dog at the house right now and I don't trust her off leash......... ...and would hate to leave her home by herself.

If you go to a dog beach, I know of three.  Ocean Beach, Mission Bay, and Coronado.  I've only ever been to the Coronado one........... but it's very nice, and you get to see lots of huge beach/vacation houses along the way.

Offline princessnmi

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 02:15:42 pm »
I am visiting my mom in Poway (its in the San Diego area) Poway has a dog park that we go to. Maybe we can meet there one day this weekend. I would love to take Moose. I also am planning on going to Del Mar Dog Beach on Sunday if anyone would like to join me. Or if anyone wants to get together next weekend too (the 18th or 19th) I could do that.
Proudly owned by: Robin-3 yr old Lab mix, Brody 14 month old Great Dane, Moose a 6 month old dane
Loved by my beautiful daughter Makaylee and my soon to be adopted sons Richard and Jay And the husband too I guess

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 02:19:16 pm »
Next weekend or the following I could do Del Mar.  I was planning on going this weekend, but had this last minute boarder.

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 03:57:12 pm »
We would love to meet up at the Dog Park in Poway.  That was one of the parks on our list.  We lived off Ted Williams and wanted to go by the old house anyway.  We are also planning a stop at the Rancho Bernardo Park.  Let us know when would be good for you.  As for Del Mar, Saturday would be best for us. 

We have had a small change in plans.  We will not be staying at Santee Lakes but at Champagne Lakes in Escondido.  We are really disappointed that Santee would not allow three dogs. 

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 04:22:24 pm »
Following are the parks that we plan to visit either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday:

Poway - http://www.ci.poway.ca.us/dogpark/dogpark.htm

Rancho Bernardo - http://www.ranchobernardodogpark.com/

DelMar Beach - Del Mar Dog Beach (October thru May off-leash) - located at Via de la Valle and Highway 101 at the rivermouth. Off-leash area is north of 29th St.

Mayflower in Escondido - http://www.ci.escondido.ca.us/glance/parks/mayflower/index.html

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 05:41:53 pm »
I've heard that dog park in Escondido is really nice, with a large dog area, a small dog area, and a training area with agility and stuff.  A bit far for me to drive on a regular basis, but I've been wanting to go there for awhile.

I usually go to the dog park in Carlsbad (about 20-30 minutes from Escondido), and its very tiny compared to most I've seen.   But hey, if you want to stop by there and have time, I go Mon-Sat and am there from about 8am-10am.

(if I didn't have this boarder, I'd meet you at the one in Escondido..... .....but again I can't leave her alone and I don't know how she'd do around dogs she doesn't know.  She tends to be very popular with everyone, but if she gets ganged up on, she will get testy)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 05:46:22 pm by ZooCrew »

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 09:13:45 am »
Due to the Winter Storm Watch we have to postpone our trip to San Diego.  We are now looking at March 24 - 26.  It's hard to believe they are calling for measurable snow up here in the high desert.  I really hope it comes, Tucker LOVES the snow.

So if anyone would like to meet that weekend just let me know.  We still plan to visit the same parks with a Del Mar visit on Saturday.

Cindy

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2006, 12:41:28 pm »
Remind me again when it gets closer.  Those dates may work for me better.  I will have two boarders here, but they are fine as long as hubby is home to watch them on a Sat/Sun.