Author Topic: Doggy Nosebleeds  (Read 1859 times)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Doggy Nosebleeds
« on: March 07, 2006, 06:12:22 pm »
Anyone ever have a dog with nosebleed problems?

Zoey's 'cousin' Boo has been getting nosebleeds for about a week. And I don't mean a little trickle of blood, I mean pouring out. It's only in one nostril, and it seems to be better when he is resting than when he is active.

Boo has had some tests (a scope to check for issues in the nasal canal, a bloodclotting test, not sure what else) at his local vet and they haven't been able to come up with a diagnosis. Tommorow he is going to the best animal hospital around for more testing. But right now everyone is stumped as to whats going. Have any of you guys ever experienced something similar? Any ideas what might be going on?

I'm scared for him  :'(
RIP former BPO

k2campbell

Re: Doggy Nosebleeds
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 06:20:45 pm »
Oh no Shangrila, poor fella...

Well I don't have any advice regarding doggy nose bleeds, but I get them all the time, and in most cases only in one nostril.  Where does Boo live?  My doctor did testing on me, as my nose bleeds are so frequent.  I could get them while sleeping, at work (but mostly) when exercising (such as Boo when he's active)...

In the end, mine were attributed to the dry weather we have out here.  There's not much moisture in the air, so our skin and "passages" per say, get too dry.  The reason I get most of them when excerising is because bloodflow is increased at that time...

If Boo lives in a dryer climate, I wonder if this could possibly be some of the reasoning?  I don't know, but just thought I'd share...

I hope Boo is ok, please keep us posted.  ;)