Author Topic: I saw my first drool!! LOL!  (Read 7913 times)

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
I saw my first drool!! LOL!
« on: March 09, 2006, 07:38:30 am »
He had just finished drinking.....a nd there it was....only a couple of inches long....but... .it was most definitely.... DROOL!!!  LOL!!

He will be 9 weeks tomorrow.  He's turning into such a big boy!  Already he doesn't fit into the cat carrier we brought him home in 2 weeks ago.

Who'da thunk I'd be excited about drool??  LOL!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

lins_saving_grace

Re: I saw my first drool!! LOL!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 07:41:34 am »
We are all excited about our first drools!  :)  I was too.

Offline ZoesMama

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 08:43:10 am »
I was excited for Zoe's first drool too!  My husband was not as excited...stil l isn't...  Zoe left a puddle beside her water bowl this morning.  DH stepped in it and I found him drying his sock with my hair dryer!  Great laugh for a Thursday morning. ;D

Offline jules

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 09:16:02 am »
Its funny how excited,at first,we are about their first drool.then we spend forever trying to get rid of it. ;D ;D ;D

Lyn

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 09:22:46 am »
I just found some dried slobber on my ceiling and on the fridge door handle this morning. LOL

Bubba also blows bubbles out his jowls.. it's hilarious and gross at the same time. I need to get a pic of it.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 09:24:25 am by Lyn »

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 10:07:22 am »
He had just finished drinking.....a nd there it was....only a couple of inches long....but... .it was most definitely.... DROOL!!!  LOL!!

He will be 9 weeks tomorrow.  He's turning into such a big boy!  Already he doesn't fit into the cat carrier we brought him home in 2 weeks ago.

Who'da thunk I'd be excited about drool??  LOL!
I understand totally!...I vividly remember "our" first drool!...I called the kids & my hubby to come see!...lol...Oh it gets better!...lol...We often make bets on whether Sam's drool will break before it hits the floor! :D

Offline Kelly89084

• Big Paw Certified
  • My Protector!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 05:17:49 pm »
Somehow I don't think my hubby will be as excited as you.  :D
"If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer." - Alfred North Whitehead

Icerotti

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 05:53:46 pm »
AW too cute....we were excited about Farleys first drool. Vizslas are not usually drooly dogs ::)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 12:24:57 pm »
AW too cute....we were excited about Farleys first drool. Vizslas are not usually drooly dogs ::)
LOL!  Farley is definately not your ordinary Vizsla.

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 06:23:51 pm »
Riley's had the drool thing down for a while (especially after drinking... he likes to go put his head on your lap and let your pants collect the drool). But he's now starting to fling the drool. Luckily, Riley is not the sort of dog that will develop any kind of alarming accuracy. Well, maybe that would be lucky... ;)

Lyn

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2006, 09:32:40 pm »
You'd be amazed at their flinging accuracy. ;) I've been hit directly in the eye more than once, had a big gob of slobber fly directly into my morning coffee and he also threw a stringer that landed right on the vet's mustache. LOL
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 09:33:18 pm by Lyn »

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2006, 10:29:05 pm »
You know Penny...you might be excited now but just wait until you spend you weekends "catching up" on drool clean up duty. I have many weekends wiping the walls, ceilings, windows, furniture, and anything else within flinging distance.

And when you get a chance please post some more pics of your darling baby!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2006, 09:14:52 am »
When we went to go get our 5 month old Saint to bring her home for the first time, I took lots of paper towels because I was just sure she'd drool everywhere! But I was amazed to see that she had a dry mouth and dry neck! Only when she drinks does she drool. It's not pretty, but hey, what can you do?!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline GreatDanz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Truly Great Danes!
    • View Profile
    • Mickey's Gold Bead Adventure
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2006, 09:58:34 am »
As long as we're talking drool, does anyone have any pointers for getting it off the waaaaay up in the 2-story foyer???  :-[
-Ericka

Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that, behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.  Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion. -Albert Einstein

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2006, 01:10:19 pm »
The drool was the only point that gave me pause for thought when I was considering adopting Barkley.  Now I don't know if it's even possible to gross anyone on these boards out, given that everyone owns big dawgs and loves them drool and all....but here goes.  Our 'little' dog, Sheba, keeps Barkley drool free.  If she's not walking under him to catch it, she's 'kissing' him to ummmm get it off him.  It grossed me out big time at first, but now I've actually been known to say "Sheba, clean him up" if I can't get to a towel in time.  Pitiful of me eh???  :D
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.