Author Topic: 34 Young Alabama Dobes in Desperate Need of Help!  (Read 4493 times)

Dobe SDs

34 Young Alabama Dobes in Desperate Need of Help!
« on: March 09, 2006, 08:40:49 pm »
Help need for 34 Young Dobes!

A DPCA Rescue Committee Liason, Marcia, asked me to post this message.  There were several emails this morning in regard to 34 Dobes confiscated in Alabama.  This is true and the situation is grave.

These Dobes were confiscated from a deplorable person claiming to be Dobe Rescue, who was breeding these Dobes.  The facility they are being brought to are processing these Dobes, five a day.  Two were put to sleep yesterday.  Right now, there are 4 females and 3 males, with five more coming in tomorrow, etc.

These Dobes are young.  The oldest being around 1 1/2 so far.  They are malnourished, probably have demodectic and may have Heart worms.  They have sweet temperaments and are just looking for a human to love.

This volume is far too much for any one group to absorb and the facility is not that big where they are being brought to, so they cannot hold them for a long period of time.

We need any and all available rescue groups or individuals that can handle at least of these dobes to help out.  Transport can be arranged, or we will put out a plea for that. 

I know the Dobe community has been begged to death for help, however, this is a heartbreaking situation where so many young Dobes are going to die, who will probably make great companion Dobes and will be forever grateful to whoever helps them.

Please contact:

Marcia Cowen - okdobie@olp.net
(918)366-4554    or
Pamela Gray - redlandrescue@aol.com
(786) 243-1890

We are preparing a spread sheet of these Dobes and who can help where.

Permission to cross post

Pamela Gray

cricket36580

Re: 34 Young Alabama Dobes in Desperate Need of Help!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 06:49:17 pm »
where in AL?

Offline Kelly89084

• Big Paw Certified
  • My Protector!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 08:43:51 pm »
I would absolutely say YES to at least one if they weren't so far away and my backyard was finished (hubby's requirement before adding another dog).  I don't suppose you have any pics I can bug hubby with. ;)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 12:23:07 am by Kelly89084 »
"If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer." - Alfred North Whitehead

Dobe SDs

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 10:17:35 am »
I'm sure if you email Marcia or Pam, they'd be more than happy to give you as much info. as you need!  Thanks so much for your interest - Dober-folk are the Best!!