Does your dog eat oranges?

Yes
14 (50%)
No
7 (25%)
I've never tried it.
7 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Poll: Does your dog eat oranges?  (Read 10267 times)

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
Re: Poll: Does your dog eat oranges?
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2006, 09:26:05 pm »
I have 4 fruit and veggie eaters!  Then again, they are Labs and will eat ANYTHING.  Our first male Lab would eat green beans off the plants in the garden!  Silly old Brant!  Let's see if I can dig out one of Piper's pics eating her all time FAVORITE veggie - broccoli! 
Daphne

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2006, 09:31:47 pm »
Kali goes nuts for melon, apples, oranges, any thing you have she'll eat.  If Kali wants it Lacey does too.  Her all time favorite it the Ready Whip Whipped Cream and ice cream.  Tyler loves his food with a dollop of milk.

I forgot to mention Lacey obsesses over orange juice she is from Florida after all ;D.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 09:34:30 pm by chaos270 »
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2006, 09:32:59 pm »
It's OK Bear - we still love you!  Who couldn't love a face like that?!  If I could only give you a great big kiss through the computer... :-*

Awww....thanks!  ;)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Proliant

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2006, 09:37:02 pm »
Goliath will eat just about anything that is not acidic (therefore no oranges), but by far his favorite treat is cheese.

Matthew

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2006, 09:50:49 pm »
 ;D  Goliath is very cute i have a brindle EM and he says hi to Goliath his name is Bryce!
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2006, 10:32:43 pm »
there isn't much my two won't eat, so yes, they both eat oranges.   :)

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2006, 10:37:02 pm »
Hmmmm....not sure if she would eat an orange. Considering she's been known to try and eat "things" out of the litter box on the sly, (had to move it into the guest room upstairs last month much to the kitties dismay to nip that one in the bud) I highly doubt she'd turn down an orange ;)
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

GR8DAME

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2006, 11:28:15 pm »
All three of mine will eat oranges, apples and bananas. Strider will even eat lemons and limes, but he is a little weird. But their all time favorite is melons--watermelons, honeydew or cantalope. They also line up at the breakfast table every morning, for the last few drops of milk from Casey's cereal and for the core of her apple that she cuts for school lunches.
Stella

Offline nickerbokker

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • i'm a big boy now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2006, 08:15:37 am »
All three of mine will eat oranges, apples and bananas. Strider will even eat lemons and limes, but he is a little weird. But their all time favorite is melons--watermelons, honeydew or cantalope. They also line up at the breakfast table every morning, for the last few drops of milk from Casey's cereal and for the core of her apple that she cuts for school lunches.
Stella

I SHARED A LEMON WITH CODY AND ANGUS THE OTHER DAY AND THEY LOVED, LOVED.... LOVED IT!  I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT.  i tired it to be mean, but they ate it like it was friggin ice cream!
NICKI

GR8DAME

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2006, 08:29:02 am »
Stella

I SHARED A LEMON WITH CODY AND ANGUS THE OTHER DAY AND THEY LOVED, LOVED.... LOVED IT!  I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT.  i tired it to be mean, but they ate it like it was friggin ice cream!

Yep, it's official, definitely a little wierd.It gives them great smelling breath, though. Don't you hate it when good meaness backfires on you, Nicker? LOL
Stella
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 08:29:39 am by GR8DAME »

Offline Heighway

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Webster at 8 months
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2006, 12:29:19 pm »
Webster is only 7 months old, but I honestly have not found ANYTHING he won't eat.  He acts like all of it is his favorite.
Karen

Offline Teamshredit

• Big Paw Certified
  • Aspen having fun near Mammoth Lakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2006, 01:42:37 pm »
Oranges are Daisy's favorite treat. Our old house had orange and apple trees and she ate them all the time.
Lucas always begs when were eating fruit but immediately spits it out....he's a meat guy. :)
Zane - St Bernard/Shepherd mix
Aspen - Pyr/Malamute mix
Craig - Our Ridgie, has gone over the Rainbow Bridge

Offline Proliant

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2006, 07:45:05 pm »
Well ... Hello there Bryce! We cant get enough of the brindle big boys (everybody has got favorites).

Give him a big hug and pet from me and Goliath.

Matthew

;D  Goliath is very cute i have a brindle EM and he says hi to Goliath his name is Bryce!