Author Topic: Boo is being spayed today  (Read 8009 times)

Offline Boobearsmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Boo is being spayed today
« on: March 14, 2006, 09:11:29 am »
My little girl is going under the knife today.  I'm pretty ok with it.  Its the after part I'm worried about.  I made sure they're going to give her a prescription for pain meds.  I feel so bad.  She was freaking out in the vet's office.  But it has to be done. :(

lins_saving_grace

Re: Boo is being spayed today
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 09:17:02 am »
My little girl is going under the knife today.  I'm pretty ok with it.  Its the after part I'm worried about.  I made sure they're going to give her a prescription for pain meds.  I feel so bad.  She was freaking out in the vet's office.  But it has to be done. :(
She'll be fine.  We all worry about this procedure though.  She won't exert herself in ways that will hurt herself. 
Good luck, pup and let us know how you're feeling and recovering.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 12:12:19 pm »
Hang in there mom! I know it's easier said then done. She'll be home before you know it.

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 12:29:37 pm »
Good luck! Kiya will be spayed this thursday, because of her siezure history, the vet wants her to go home the same day. Yes its the after care Im worried about as well. Just getting her in & out of the truck. Oh boy. Im sure we'll both do fine.
Carolyn
Carolyn

Offline Boobearsmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 12:39:23 pm »
I know she'll be ok in the end, I just hate the thought of her being in pain.  And she knows something has been up because she's been whining for 3 days now over nothing that I can see.  If I wash my face, she's next to me whining; if I sit down on the couch, she's laying next to me whining; if I walk out to the kitchen, she's following me whining!  Maybe she was going into heat?  I have no idea.

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 12:43:24 pm »
I know she'll be ok in the end, I just hate the thought of her being in pain.  And she knows something has been up because she's been whining for 3 days now over nothing that I can see.  If I wash my face, she's next to me whining; if I sit down on the couch, she's laying next to me whining; if I walk out to the kitchen, she's following me whining!  Maybe she was going into heat?  I have no idea.

Poor Boo! Animals bounce back pretty quickly though, I bet you'll be surprised. I'll be in your shoes in a couple of short months so let me know how she does. Sadie's my first female dog and the boys are SO much easier when it comes to this.
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline Boobearsmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 01:06:58 pm »
Good luck! Kiya will be spayed this thursday, because of her siezure history, the vet wants her to go home the same day. Yes its the after care Im worried about as well. Just getting her in & out of the truck. Oh boy. Im sure we'll both do fine.
Carolyn

She should be home today too.  I have my dad coming to help me get her into my SUV.  Then there are stairs at home.  Poor puppers!! 

GR8DAME

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 01:17:20 pm »
Poor Boo, good luck to her and a speedy recovery!
On a side note, I have never had a dog come back from being altered on any pain meds. I think the idea is that it is easier to keep them quiet when they are a little tender, and they don't injure themselves--pull out stitches and such. None of mine seemed to be any the worse going without.
Stella

Offline Boobearsmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 01:31:42 pm »
Poor Boo, good luck to her and a speedy recovery!
On a side note, I have never had a dog come back from being altered on any pain meds. I think the idea is that it is easier to keep them quiet when they are a little tender, and they don't injure themselves--pull out stitches and such. None of mine seemed to be any the worse going without.
Stella

It was actually the vet who first suggested it.  I thought it might be a good idea.  She may have said it knowing how high activity Boo is.  I know that they are giving her some before she goes home, so maybe if that gets her thru the first night she won't need anything else.

Offline Boobearsmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 02:13:50 pm »
Ok I just called and they said she was just getting out of surgery  ???  They said it took a long time because she's so big and had a lot of "stuff" to move around.  I'm not quite sure I like the sound of that!!!

Dobe SDs

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 02:37:29 pm »
Wishing you a speedy recovery Miss Boo!

Offline Boobearsmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2006, 03:00:29 pm »
Ok sorry for all the posts but this is actually stressing me more than I thought it would.  Apparently I can't pick her up till 6.  She just woke up now.  Poor Boo!!!!  I feel horrible.  They said she was curled up in about 10 blankets.  She's probably wondering "where's my ma in all these covers?  She never hides this good!"

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 03:16:07 pm »
Ok sorry for all the posts but this is actually stressing me more than I thought it would.  Apparently I can't pick her up till 6.  She just woke up now.  Poor Boo!!!!  I feel horrible.  They said she was curled up in about 10 blankets.  She's probably wondering "where's my ma in all these covers?  She never hides this good!"
that's not too far off.  she's probably so groggy she is sleeping and just fine.  :)  breathe!  relax.  you'll see her soon! :)

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2006, 12:39:06 pm »
How did Boo make out? How's she feeling?
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Luvmydanes

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2006, 12:58:37 pm »
How is Boo feeling? We just had Jasmine spayed a week ago. When we brought her home she was very very groggy still, but she seemed better by morning. Still kind of tired acting, but seemed a lot better. I hope everything went well and that Boo is doing ok!

Kandi