Author Topic: Humor me...because I gotta say...  (Read 10227 times)

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Humor me...because I gotta say...
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2006, 04:17:59 pm »
I suppose they (besides thinking he will eat our 19 month old son) are thinking he will be like you said "bull in a China Shop" dog, with high energy, etc.  I so hope to prove them wrong!

Nothing could be further from what a mastiff is truly like, so you'll definitely prove them wrong! He'll be more likely to eat the in-laws than 'his boy'... or at least drool on them with malicious intent. If they're doggy people, I'm sure the in-laws will be referring to themselves 'grandma and grandpa' to the the dog in no time. ;D

Seriously, I NEVER treat my dogs like children... dogs are houstrained quicker so why would anybody want to? And you know I'd never baby talk to my Flynnie Floodle and Libby Loo Loo... and I certainly never feel guilty if I go shopping and don't buy them treats or a toy... and I never, ever shout "Mommy wolf is home!" the moment I step in the front door when I've been out...

...what? ;D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 04:19:23 pm by Senghe »

Offline galaxybears

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • chins n newfs
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2006, 04:24:49 pm »
It seems that Newfies have a knack of making non dog loving hubbys fall in love with them. My hubby was not a dog lover, but I told him when we got married (19 years ago!) that I WOULD have a dog so he would have to get used to it!! In those days it was the GSD that held my affection having grown up with them. Martin didn't really take much notice of our girl ::)

Then came the Newfs and oh what a difference!! He spoilt Molly rotten, she was daddy's girl... And still is. And do I dare tell you that since his boy Kitten had his elbow op last Thursday daddy has been sleeping in the living room with him!

As for talking "baby" to the dogs, well I never did with the GSD's, they were dogs and much as I loved them, they were treated like dogs. But the Newfs are different!!! My Bronte only did things for you if you spoke to her in a baby gooey voice ;D

There is nothing quite like the love of a Newf... Or two ;D
Shelley
Mum to Molly, Honey and Kitten
RIP my darling Bronte

Offline Kelly89084

• Big Paw Certified
  • My Protector!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2006, 04:26:58 pm »
(plots to add flynn to the future list of "missing" bpo dogs) ;D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 04:27:39 pm by Kelly89084 »
"If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer." - Alfred North Whitehead

angelsmama

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2006, 08:32:30 pm »
i'm with you  guys , i never baby talk to my ms angel wangle wheezy butt , or bruiser woozer , or my lil chewie wooie :o...   definately dont baby talk my moms zeusy woosy doosy... :D

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2006, 09:07:40 am »
Crap - now I NEED a newfie! :)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 09:08:42 am by EllieAndBlu »

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2006, 09:45:57 am »
Crap - now I NEED a newfie! Smiley

Okay!  Here, let me write you the prescription:

Get one Newfie to start, love on him/her a lot and then, one year later, get second Newfie so you can have your own personal pack!

It's good for your health and makes you feel soooo much younger you'll be talking baby-talk before you know it!

My squossy-wooseys send their droolie-poohs to you!!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2006, 10:10:48 am »
Can I take two newfies and call you in the morning?! :)

Since joining BPO - I realize I am lacking the big, huge, fluffy, drooling type of pups! Now I just have to convince my babies they NEED another sibling.

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2006, 07:21:40 am »
These posts are cracking me up! We don't talk baby talk to our BarkleyBear, BarkaLark, BoohBark Barkley here either.  There will be NONE of that!  Ok, except from my oh so manly husband who has been caught lying on the ground cuddling up nose to nose with his BooBarkALarkBa by, and a little nudge from ShebaWeba our girlygirl is never turned down either.  All of it is done with a smile and a towel in hand - who knew that drool could solidify and create such wonderful wall murals?   ;)
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2006, 07:33:36 am »
I've been known to be goofy silly with Bava.  Who can resist the smooosy face and the great attitude.  Yeah, I have laid on the kitchen tile floor talking and petting the goof.

The other night, our psycho smaller mixed breed dog, Mowgli attacked Bava, really vicious attack, he had his ear and was shaking and pulling for all he's worth, I couldn't pry him loose, and his front end was off the ground, so couldn't use the pull them by their back feet, I eventually had to beat him off of Bava.... Anways, the whole time Bava is getting his ear ripped off, he had grabbed Melissa's arm and was trying to pull her away to safety.  That's just one h*ll of a dog.  How can you not love a smooshy fluffy dog with a disposition like that.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 07:35:42 am by brandon »
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2006, 11:15:40 am »
I just love my Newfoundland!  ;D

I hear ya, we are obsessed and in love with Drake too.  One of my favorite things to do every day, especially when he's nice and clean, is in the morning, I lay down on his dog bed with him and just talk to him and pet his fuzzy head.  It just makes me smile and I love it when he sits up and blinks his sleepy eyes at me.  Gotta love your dog!!  ;D
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2006, 06:27:18 pm »
I DEFINATELY have to agree on this one!!!  i'm a huge dog lover, but i never realized how much until i got fumble!  i am soo smitten with him!  i said yesterday to my sister, that i could watch him for hours, he's such a goofy and funny dog.. i said "he's like the robin williams of dogs".. she however said i was going a little overboard! but every mother thinks that they're dog is the best at something! and fumble is definately the best at making me laugh!!
oh and i love squishing his face and calling him a "smooshy big man"! hehe! 
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2006, 06:43:25 pm »
Well, I can't speak for newfies....... .but I have won hubby over on the dog concept.  I already had keiko when I met him, and she was big in his mind (she only weighs 60 lbs).  She is now his girl.  He was appalled (sp?) when I wanted to get a great dane.  Now he thinks Gunther is spoiled b/c he listens to me and not hubby.

And when I brought home the ratties for a test run, I knew what hubby would think......... .........that I was crazy.  But knowing my husband likes smaller dogs, I knew it wouldn't be long before they won him over.

Just look at how comfy everyone looks.   ;D