Author Topic: IF I DIDN'T HAVE ANIMALS...  (Read 3070 times)

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
IF I DIDN'T HAVE ANIMALS...
« on: March 22, 2006, 08:41:58 pm »
Oldie but goodie, was reminded of this when Terri P posted it on Newf.Net.  I think I can relate with most everything on here :)

IF I DIDN'T HAVE ANIMALS...

I could walk around the yard barefoot in safety.

My house could be carpeted instead of tiled and laminated.

All flat surfaces, clothing, furniture, and cars would be free of hair.

I would be able to wear black (note: in our case, white!).

When the doorbell rings, it wouldn't sound like a kennel.

When the doorbell rings, I could get to the door without wading through fuzzy bodies who beat me there.

If I didn't have animals, I could sit on the couch the way I wanted, without taking into consideration how much space several fur bodies would need to get comfortable.

I would not have strange presents under my Christmas tree -- dog bones, stuffed animals , nor would I have to answer to people why I wrap them.

I would not be on a first-name basis with three veterinarians.

The most used words in my vocabulary would not be: out, sit, down, come, no, stay, and leave him/her/it ALONE.

My house would not be cordoned off into zones with baby gates or barriers.

My pockets would not contain things like poop bags, treats and an extra leash.

I would no longer have to spell the words B-A-L-L-, F-R-I-S-B-E-E, B-A-T-H or W-A-L-K.

I would not have as many leaves, bark and sticks INSIDE my house as outside.

I would not look strangely at people who think having ONE dog ties them down too much.

I'd look forward to spring and the melting of snow instead of dreading mud season.

I would not have to answer the question "Why do you have so many dogs/animals" from people who will never have the joy in their lives of knowing they are loved unconditionall y by something as close to an angel as they will ever get.

How empty my life would be
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 08:42:30 pm by brandon »
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: IF I DIDN'T HAVE ANIMALS...
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 08:44:53 pm »
That is fabulous!!...If I didn't have animals (16 in all) I'd be alot less focused & grounded...Per sonally that is something I need...My animals can consider me a successful "rescue". :)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 08:56:13 pm by Gypsy Jazmine »

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 08:52:41 pm »
I can't imagine life without animals
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

GR8DAME

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 08:16:02 am »
Is there a life without animals?
Stella

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 08:42:52 am »
I've just finally had dogs for the past 3 years... after wanting them my entire life (brother is allergic).... So I am making up for lost time - no way I will be animal-free ever again!  :)