Author Topic: The most wonderful thing about dogs  (Read 8628 times)

doggylover

The most wonderful thing about dogs
« on: March 25, 2006, 12:23:16 am »
I had a terrible week.  It was so bad, that it made the top 5 list of terrible weeks in my life (we are in a lawsuit and its been awful).  Anyway, today things sort of settled down, but not before totally wiping me out.  I was near having a panic attack and my husband was in the same place I was in...we were both in our own worlds, too wrecked to even talk. 
Badger was laying on his bed being a very good boy, looking sad (he knew we were stressed). I went over to his bed and layed down next to him...mostly out of guilt for not spending enough time with him this week.  He immediately went into clown/snuggle mode.  Nuzzling, grumbling, tipping his head down and snorting.  He was so adorable, and obviously trying SO hard to make me feel better that I started laughing, and kissing him.  This dog is NOT a kisser.  You have to EARN kisses.  Well, it turned into kiss fest.  My husband was so relieved to see me relaxing, he joined us and pretty soon we were all rolling around together, petting Badger, laughing and playing. 
I think this is the best thing EVER about dogs.  Right when you want to crumble, there they are, tongue out and tail wagging. 
What is your favorite thing about dogs? 

Offline roxygirl

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: The most wonderful thing about dogs
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 08:03:29 am »
I agree 100%. There is nothing in the world like the unconditional love we get from our dogs. They pick us up when we are down like no one or nothing else can! ;D
Kim
Kim
Great Lakes Mastiff Rescue,Inc.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 09:26:58 am »
I love how they are excited about everything! Everything is just the best!  Every walk, every person they meet, every meal just couldn't be better!  Tail up, gently wagging, greeting every morning like they just know today is going to be a GREAT day!

I want to grow up to be just like my dogs!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 09:44:16 am »
Awww, this made me all teary.  How sweet!  I have to agree with everyone else...they try so hard to make us feel better and they are so enthusiastic about everything.  I also love how they just want to be with you, lying right at your feet or following you around.  Dogs are wonderful, aren't they? :)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 11:00:36 am »
Dogs are great therapists who demand that you consult with them & the only charge is a few cups of kibble & a pat on the head! :)

doggylover

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 01:55:59 pm »
I love how they are excited about everything! Everything is just the best!  Every walk, every person they meet, every meal just couldn't be better!  Tail up, gently wagging, greeting every morning like they just know today is going to be a GREAT day!
YES that is definately on my list of favorite things about dogs.  Their totally open/enthusiastic hearts and minds.  They take every moment for exactly what it is.
Btw, this morning I was feeling MUCH better, and of course, Badger was right there, happily waiting to commence with all the play time he missed this week. 
 ;D ;D
Ronda   

Offline Lorena

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 08:50:12 am »
All said previously is true. It's amazing how dogs perceive your mood, your temper and they react in the most unusual ways. If you are sad, they bring you a toy and they want to start playing with you until you forget everything, or they lick you face, neck, ears...(I love when Sasha licks my legs :P like saying..Mommy. .I'm here..and I love you..)and suddenly you renew your strengh and you have now energy to play with them for 2 hours! even though you know you have things to do...  :-\  They wait for you no matter how many hours you left them alone in the house, or they wag their tails if by mistake you stepped on their paws...Dogs are amazing!! they are the best thing I have (of course my husband keeps is still in the first place..is he  ;)?
~Lorena~

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 09:03:28 am »
God and his angels couldn't be everywhere so he sent us our DOGS  I agree with everyone

They are our angels on this earth and where would  any of us be without them

I shudder at the thought

Tricia and the fur kids
PS pic of Magic at work at hospital with heart patient,he can't wait to get back there

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 01:12:19 pm »
It is the look in thier eyes, when you have come home from a long stressful day at work, the look that says hey, Bad Day? No prob, welcome home- oh and by the way stop kicking off your shoes long enough so that we can smother you in kisses.
Dogs are one of Gods most incredible creatures given to man.

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2006, 01:26:36 pm »
An endearing trait of dogs is that they are so unlike barbaric human beings who, upon close psychological inspection, act much like colonies of baboons; yet, dogs are enough like us that we are able to share intimacy. This is what is miraculous: dogs put up with such foul communicators as human beings.  ;)
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2006, 02:20:06 pm »
I have to agree with everyone, today I layed down with mine on the floor then all of a sudden we had quiet nap time for about an hour. It was so sweet, they were snuggled next to me.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2006, 01:23:05 am »
That they love you even when they are having a bad day.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)