Author Topic: Petitrenees  (Read 10212 times)

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
Petitrenees
« on: March 29, 2006, 09:14:02 pm »
Well we now have Petitrenees   It is a major OOPS litter  For those that don't know the PBGV is a smallish hound that looks like Benjie.  My Ms Molly, a Petit weighing in at 25 pounds, seduced Patrick the HUGE Pyr stud dog, unbeknownst to us.  We found out about 2 weeks before birth when Molly was getting suspiciously rounder.  We just figured the male Petit had done his duty.  During delivery of the pups it wasn't until the 4th pup that I noticed that the babies had double dew claws! 

The puppies are absolutely gorgeous!  They are probably going to stay close to Petit size but beyond that it is anyone's guess!!

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Petitrenees
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 09:17:25 pm »
You'll definitely have to post pictures....it will be interesting to see what they look like as they grow up.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 09:34:13 pm »
Patrick you dawg you!!!...I can imagine your shock when you saw the double dew clawed pups. :-\ ...I would love to see pics...What will you do with your ooopsy pups?...How did that even happen?...The sheer dynamics of it all boggles me!...lol!

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 09:41:43 pm »
Well we were speechless when we saw the dew claws!!  We are just placing them in pet homes  - 4 are already spoken for.  Suprisingly Petits and Pyrs look a lot alike at birth and Petits don't get their scraggly hair until they are about 3 months old so we haven't a clue what we will end up with  They are 7 weeks old today

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 09:49:49 pm »
They are darling!...The one being held in the pic looks just like a Pyr pup!...He/She sure got the Tip N Chips markings didn't he/she? ;D

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 06:01:08 am »
All I can say is more photos please! Who knows what they will look like or how big they will get - it would be fun seeing them grow up. I know greyhounds look a bit like little stumpy legged jack russells at 7 weeks old, then their legs start growing!

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 08:19:21 am »
They are adorable!  It truly is amazing how determined both the male and female can be when it comes to mating.  A freind had a story about a Saint father with a Doxie mother  :o   Gotta confess to more than one chuckle thinking about this...
Daphne

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 07:59:24 pm »
The puppies are adorable.  How many did she have?  I saw an ad once for malamute/chihuahua puppies.  I wanted to go see those puppies so badly.  But no one would go with me to see them.

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 09:12:53 pm »
Pictures of the OOPS pups at 10 weeks  They are beautiful and have wonderful temperments  Still a mystery as to what they will ultimately be like- short legs but big Pyr paws!

Kiahpyr

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2006, 09:22:31 pm »
They're so cute! Are you keeping one? I would like to see what they look like full grown.

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2006, 09:24:51 pm »
Do they have homes?  If not my sis may be interested
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2006, 09:24:53 pm »
sooooooo cute!

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 09:33:00 pm »
They all have wonderful homes and are close by so I get to watch them grow up and even occasionally get to babysit them!

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 09:34:27 pm »
They are so cute!!!!  I'm interested to know if they all have homes too.  Erica the girl that came with me when we came to visit your Pyr puppies might possibly be interested in one.  She loved the petites.  And of course if they need any people socialization you let me know! I'll be over in a heart beat   :D
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 09:34:59 pm »
aw I posted just a minute too late..  I'm glad you found them all homes that is great!
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog