Author Topic: What am I going to do??????  (Read 6704 times)

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
What am I going to do??????
« on: May 28, 2005, 03:25:14 pm »
So I have been puppy sitting two 10 week old pups for the past 2 weeks.  I gave the female away last night to a very nice couple so that leaves me to give away the male, and guess what?????????????????  My fiance wants to keep him.  What am I going to do?  I love him to death and I can definitely afford a third dog and we live in the country.  Am I crazy to agree with him?  What do you guys think?  I need some advice.  What would you guys do if you were in my shoes?  Please help ???

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: What am I going to do??????
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 03:28:32 pm »
Sounds like your going to have a new addition to your family. ;) Good luck. I think its a good idea if you can afford it and you have the room.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 03:34:06 pm »
My advise?...ENJOY! ;D

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 03:37:10 pm »
I had a funny feeling that when I signed up for this job somehow I would end up with a 3rd dog, oh well at least now I know that he will have a good home.. Thanks

I think I will wait for a few more replies before I make it an absolute definite, decisions decisions.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2005, 04:07:40 pm »
you go girl........ ;D Where did you find that guy (not meaning the dog hehe) If he is in for it just enjoy the moment and have a blast with your new baby. I am on my way to a baseball game, but just HAD to give you my two cents worth. Good Luck and please ohhhh please let us see your new baby

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

nickerbokker

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2005, 06:22:45 pm »
OH A NEW PUPPY FOR OUR BOARD!  THAT'S SOOOOOOO GREAT!  MAYBE YOUR PUPPY WILL GIVE US SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT INSTEAD OF OURSELVES LOL.....

I WANNA SEE PIX!!!!!!

AND OH, KEEP HIM KEEP HIM KEEP HIM!  ITS NOT EVEN A QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2005, 06:28:54 pm »
I'm all for more fur babies...if they're the right one for you. What breed of dog is it? Is it one you're familier with? You already have 2, so you know about chosing the right breed for your life style. The cuteness can be impossible to resist for sure, and I'm certainly not trying to talk you out of it. I would love to have the space for another (I have 3 now plus 2 cats). If you can do it and the breed is right for you DO IT!!!! But only if you promise to post pics.... everyone loves puppies!

Vicki

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2005, 05:27:37 am »
I will definitely get some pics to show you guys.  Does anyone on here have any experience with Valley bulls or Boston terriers?  I have never owned either breed.  I am the type of person that will adjust my lifestyle to suit my dog, I know that they don't particularly get along with other dogs but I plan to socialize him very well with other dogs so I don't think that will be a problem.  I already have 2 big dogs and this new little one is not going to be very big.  Please tell me anything esle I should know and I am going to do a lot of research on the breeds as well.

And you are soooo right puppies are soooo darn cute, hard to resist.

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2005, 08:51:08 am »
I love valley bulls! I'm from Nova Scotia and they are fairly common around here. I know four people that have them and they swear that they will never have anything else. As for them having aggression issues, I haven't heard of that before. They are no more likely to become aggressive then any other dog, they are just strong willed and need a firm loving hand to guide them. I can't wait to see a pic of the little guy! You won't regret keeping a little valley bull cross, he'll be a great addition to your family.

And I have to add that I am jealous..... I wish that I could get another baby!!
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2005, 10:00:04 am »
Stupid question but heregoes, what exactly is a valley bull?  I am assuming something like an english staff. or american staff. but please correct me if I am wrong. Unfortunately I don't have a dig camera, I know I am a loser but anyway, it is going to take some doing but I will try to get pics up as soon as possible.

We named the little guy Tekke( pronounced tek-ee), he is soooo adorable, we just love him.

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2005, 10:02:18 am »
I am also from Cold as heck NS Saintgirl, where are you located?  I am 2 hours north of halifax in Antigonish.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2005, 10:33:22 am »
You know there shows how little I know  :o I have no idea how they are, the valley bulls I mean. I have never even heard of them, and that is SAAAAD, I am supposed to be a prof. dog groomer (granted not working now but still)  :-[ I am pretty sure we dont have that breed in sweden though, so it may be a rather small breed, at least I have never seen or heard of one, but that may be that there just are none around here. But Boston Terriers I know  ;D And they are absolutely darling, every boston terrier I have met, has such personality, and not just as a breed as individuals. easy going and super super cute. I will go research on Valley bulls now hehe. Sooo since you have named him I take it you have pretty much made your  mind up.....? And since you have two already, one more really doesnt make all that much difference. Personally I think the step from one to two dogs is the biggest one (just like it is with two legged kids) then it is way too easy to get more  ;)

I am so looking forward to see him, cute name too. where did you get that from??

Marit

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2005, 10:51:25 am »
Heres the story behind the name Tekke:   The woman that gave me the pups has another Boston Terrier, Dexter.  My fiance always calls him Dexter Lou Tekke( not sure about the actual spelling of Tekke, from some movie, not sure which one but anyway) and I always miss took it for him saying "Dexter Little Tekke" so he always made fun of me so I thought it would be perfect to name this little guy Tekke aka Little Tekke.

You are so right Marit, the hard part was going from one dog to 2 dogs so what difference will number 3 make, not much right?

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2005, 11:32:30 am »
Nope.... no change at all  ;D and since it is a little dog you wont even notice you have to buy more food lol.....

What a cute story about the name  :D And it is a very good name, the kind of name people ask where you got it from. Your story reminds me of kids singing along with songs and sing what they hear and lol.... that can just be too funny sometimes when the words turn into something totally unknown. I am constantly amuzing my hubby hehe since I am from sweden and english is not my first language I make some boo boos from time to time and he is having way too much fun  ::) But thats okay, he isnt too good at swedish either hehe

Marit

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2005, 11:59:41 am »
You are so right Marit, the hard part was going from one dog to 2 dogs so what difference will number 3 make, not much right?

That's what I said about cats...I ended up with 8 before that logic wore off...lol!