Author Topic: PICS OF "WE FOUND A DOG"  (Read 11523 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
PICS OF "WE FOUND A DOG"
« on: May 29, 2005, 02:06:51 pm »
Well I now know that it is a she, and she is sooooo cute, no doubt that it will be no fun when her owner comes for her, well not true I really really hope we can find her parents, she is such a doll and Im sure she misses them as much as I am sure they miss her. But I can for sure see why she was a dirty girl when we picked her up, she loooooves dirt  ;D. We have a corner in the backyard where we have a small run, that we use when we babysit one of our friends dogs (they are not too fond of other dogs, so they can not be with my babies) Anyway, that is the dusty, sandy and when wet muddiest place in the yard, it goes under the name THE corner here lol..... Anyway, puppydoggy loves that place, she has already dug up stuff I had no idea we had in the backyard, every time I go out to check on her, she looks up with totally brown nose and then goes all crazy and jumps all over me, I did a test to see if she had any idea about sit, hehehehe either she is a good actor or she had absolutely no idea. The more I look at her, the more uncertain I am of what she actually is. The profile still looks like a flat to me, but she has too much coat, and in a way she looks a bit like a new. but I think too pointy nose, mind you I have never had any newfs myself so I am  no good there. Let me know what you all think she is, I know it is hard to see on a pic, and she was not exactly "co-oping" as soon as I put the cam to my eye, she was all in it. jumping and climbing on me, but I got a few that shows her.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

nickerbokker

Re: PICS OF "WE FOUND A DOG"
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 02:31:22 pm »
OMG.....YOU HAVE TO KEEP HER!  SHE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOO SWEET!

lucky duck was just driving around and found her!  keep her! and love her!  and share more pix!

what a great way to start my morning at 1:33 LOL

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2005, 02:44:06 pm »
What a cutie!...The dark spots on the tongue...Perha ps a Chow mix?

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2005, 02:46:24 pm »
Oh she is a sweetie! I know what you mean about wanting to find her home, but dreading it too. We got our two girls from the shelter, they were found as strays. I still have nightmares about walking with them somewhere and having some little kid come up to me shouting "Mommy, Mommy, I found our puppies!" and being so excited to see them. I don't know what I'd do! I wouldn't give them up for anything, but it would break my heart..... Ok, not exactly the same thing as your situation....b ut kinda....    Maybe I need a drink?!  (my son is staying at a friends tonight, so I may be the next one here posting my drunkin escapades!)

Vicki

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2005, 03:23:44 pm »
Send her to me!!!  She is so pretty!  I wonder what's going through her head right now?  If you can't find her parents we should all just share her and pass her from state to state ???  Okay, I know that's not possible...  I think I have puppy syndrome?

nickerbokker

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2005, 03:43:36 pm »
FYI, my neighbors mix looks just like her!...

she thinks she is part chow/lab/border collie.  who knows.....

but shes so cute

nickerbokker

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2005, 04:19:01 pm »
i would have kicked them out, and been living in a different state the next day!  i can't imagine falling in love with a doggie, and then having to give it back 3 years later!     ahhh

thank goodness they got to keep the pup!

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2005, 07:00:00 pm »
Marit
She is o pretty. Good luck finding her family. Im sure she has someone looking for her.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2005, 10:16:35 pm »
Yes I really hope the owners are looking for her, it would be soooo sad if a wonderful puppy like this is not missed, but I have good hope, I do think someone is looking, and just cant wait to find her. And I guesstemated her age to around 5 to 7 months too, her teeth are all grown out and she looks like she could be anywhere up to about a year in the mouth, but looks more like a puppy in the body and face. I was thinking chow too, but something just doesnt "feel" like a chow if that makes any sense.... when you look at her legs and coat I got the feeling that there might be newf in her, but not sure. But it really doesnt matter, she is a sweetheart and whatever she is she is pretty and happy, very easy going and hehe more than a little needy, but like Natsaint said.... wonder what is going through her head. She is sooo funny though, she has totally adopted THE corner, she has about an acre to run on but she just loves THE corner. I thought that the backyard within the fence had already "gone to the dogs" but man..... she is doing a great job messing it up even more. I will give her a bath either tomorrow or the day after (if she is still here that is) I wish I could bring her in, but Galahad is not fully vaccinated yet so thats out of the question. But it is nice weather here, so it wont kill her to take an outdoor bath.

Keep your paws crossed girls and thanks sooo much for your support

Marit

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • we breed for quality, not quantity.TOP PEDIGREES,
    • View Profile
    • http:www.taijinrhodesianrhodesianridgebacks
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2005, 04:08:51 am »
what a adorable dog

than goodness for people like you
kind of looks like a chow mix

im sure you will find the owners  or keep him

great job getting the dog from harms way
TAIJIN Rhodesian Ridgebacks

Offline mixedupdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2005, 09:37:20 pm »
http://www.fcrsainc.org/photogallery/index.html

Take a look at some of the pics in this gallery, she could be at least part flat-coated retriever. That's what I thought of as soon as I saw your pix. I had one named Max years ago, and if I remember right he had spots on his tongue. Labs can have those spots, too.  My Dane mix, Earnest, is blue merle, and the whole inside of his mouth, including his tongue, has merle spots!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2005, 11:18:13 pm »
Yes my first thought was flat too. As you can read in an earlier post I used to have one too, and especially in profile she looks very much like one. But quite a few things do not look like a flat, the very full legs and the coat in general, and she has no plume at all on the tail, so I am pretty sure there is something else in her too. My thoughts have been going towards newf. but I dont know. Also thought Chow but I dont think so.

I had a phone call on her today, but the ones who called looked for a small, shorthaired dog with short tail. So no luck. I didnt mention the gender or the little bit of white marking she has under her neck, or long or shorthaired or the age I think she is. I have heard stories about people wanting to get friendly, hopefully purebred dogs, and call and pretend to be the owner.

Marit

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2005, 07:19:00 am »
She looks like a chow/lab X to me.   ???
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2005, 09:45:40 am »
She is most definitely a chow/lab mix - that is the "un"official state dog her in Louisiana - or at least South Louisiana. Our shelters are full of dogs that look just like this.

Everyone has labs down here because it's "sportsman's paradise" and countless people have chow chows, although I'm baffled by this because the weather is so hot and their coat is so thick - why would anyone subject such a hairy dog to this heat??? 

Anyway, the chow chow is one of my least favorite breeds (sorry chow lovers) because of their super-protective nature. I have been chased, bitten and threatened by too many pure bred chows.

However, I find the chow/lab mix is one of the most good-natured dogs. They have the friendliness and playfulness of the lab and the loyalty of the chow perfectly combined. Unfortunately, they are least likely to be adopted out of our shelters - especially if they are black. This girl is lucky to have wandered into your life because I know if her owners don't come looking for her you are dedicated to finding her a great home!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Jen

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2005, 12:23:33 pm »
Yeah I totally see Sasha Mama in her!  Especially the legs and paws and body and eyes and ears and WAIT  she is sounding NEWFIE to ME!  SHe  might have blown coat so she probably will look a whole lot fuller come fall and winter!  Here are some photos of Sasha lets compare shall we...