Author Topic: A missed Kodak moment! I'm really bummed about this....  (Read 1438 times)

Offline Teamshredit

• Big Paw Certified
  • Aspen having fun near Mammoth Lakes
    • View Profile
A missed Kodak moment! I'm really bummed about this....
« on: April 04, 2006, 03:56:34 pm »
This actually happened a few weeks ago and I forgot to post about it. I had taken the pups to dog beach and was trying to keep an eye on them while also looking up at the road for my cousin who was meeting me there. I looked back and noticed both dogs had joined up with a german shepherd, and were frantically barking. It was low tide and they were pretty far out so it took me a second to notice that they were barking at a gigantic seal!! I mean it was huge  :o
and of course I panicked, along with all the other dog owners(most grabbed their dogs and pulled them away from shore). I felt totally helpless, and was screaming at them to come in, and since they're the most well behaved dogs...haha just kidding.  ;) They ignored me and kept on barking. The seal(sea lion?) towered over all the dogs and evidentally was docile because Lucas and Daisy kept taking turns who could get the closest to it(then run away like a CHICKEN).  ::)
After about five minutes it turned around and waddled back into the ocean, and the dogs came trotting back to me all PROUD that they scared off the enemy....lol.

Oh how I wish I had brought my camera.

Zane - St Bernard/Shepherd mix
Aspen - Pyr/Malamute mix
Craig - Our Ridgie, has gone over the Rainbow Bridge

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: A missed Kodak moment! I'm really bummed about this....
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 04:00:23 pm »
OMG I would've killed them both!!!  Don't you hate how they don't listen when it counts the most..
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 04:02:55 pm »
It is one of those moments that after it is all over and everyone is ok...it is funny ;)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 08:08:56 am »
OMG!...lol!...I can just about picture that!...Too bad you didn't get a pic. :( I bet they were extremely proud of their bad selves..lol!

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 11:55:04 am »
First Farley and the dolphin, now teamshredit and the seal...maybe I should get Boudreaux some sea monkeys??
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."