Author Topic: What I do when I can see what I walk by  (Read 4275 times)

lins_saving_grace

What I do when I can see what I walk by
« on: March 30, 2006, 08:24:10 am »
so...I was walking the dogs last night while it was still light out.  This 3 year old jumpped out from behind a mail box and scared Lady half to death.  Then this guy walking by saw us coming from about 15 feet away.  He proceeded to pick up his tiny little snauzer while he passed us.  Was he afraid my girls would eat his little yipper?
This whole staying lighter longer is going to take some work.  We seem to have lost our manners when it comes to being able to see what we walk by.  At least it was a work out for me.

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: What I do when I can see what I walk by
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 11:40:34 am »
It really baffles the mind.  Why is it that size = aggression?  UGH! >:( 
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 12:10:15 pm »
I'm not sure.  But the little dog was a little on the aggressive side himself. 
It was just funny.
Grace was boppin' around like a maniac especially when we got up to where these kids were playing street hockey.  Grace's eye caught sight of the hockey puck and she wanted it in her pie hole so bad. 
The dad was playing with the kids too and when we passed he said something like "guys let the dogs go by."  you could almost see him reaching for the kids so they wouldn't get attacked by the big angry flesh eating Rottwiellers.  :) 
OF course Lady and Grace didn't exactly pose as poster puppies for the most docile dogs in the world. 

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 12:20:23 pm »
You know what I think? I think that it is the size and color that intimidates people. We get people picking up their dogs, crossing the street and running away like we are evil on a regular basis.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 12:24:43 pm »
You know what I think? I think that it is the size and color that intimidates people. We get people picking up their dogs, crossing the street and running away like we are evil on a regular basis.
True!  Black in a dog must mean...well MEAN. 
Bear has such a non-aggressive look in his face.  I can't imagine why people wouldn't run to him.

The house we passed with the little 2-foot pop-up 3 year old behind the mail box...has a new pit bull dog.  I didn't cross the street.  I didn't like the way it lunged at us...but I didn't run for my life.  I think it got a vibe from Lady to NOT MESS WITH US!
I could tell her mind was on stuffing that little guy into the mailbox though.  She was so not happy about him.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 12:26:02 pm by lins_saving_grace »