Author Topic: Please sign to help protect our gentle giants!!! Cross posted from Newf - L  (Read 27263 times)

Offline Kelly89084

• Big Paw Certified
  • My Protector!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
I couldn't remember if I signed it before so I did it today for sure plus I signed my hubby's name.  I'm going to see about getting the rest of my family to sign now. ;)
"If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer." - Alfred North Whitehead

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Great news....they are up to over 4100 signatures!!!  Hopefully they will get to their target soon.  If you haven't signed this petition....pl ease do!!  Let the *&^%$ legislators know that animals do have a voice!!!

doggylover

I added my signature.  My dad is really big into animal rights, has over 700 contacts involved with animal welfare, and I emailed it to him.  He is dying of cancer and his wish is to help as many animals as possible on his way out. 
This made me cry.   :'(
I'm afraid if someone did that to my pookie, I would do something very wrong to them.  What scum. 

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
Bump - Only need 152 more signatures to reach the 5000 goal.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

EllieAndBlu

This makes me sick to my stomach not to mention my heart is broken.
I signed and am forwarding petition to everyone I know!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 02:46:13 am by EllieAndBlu »

Offline jaspers mom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Less than 240 signatures to go.

Offline jp072

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
I signed the petition and registered just so I could reply to this.

I found this post through google and I guess you could say it really hits home, since I live in Wetumpka, Alabama.  I'm tired of hearing stories like this.  Just last week a woman in Montgomery, AL watched as a pit bull attacked and killed her 5-year-old Lhasa Apso.  The owner was too scared of his own dog to stop it.
http://tinyurl.com/hy3a3

I don't have any big paws in the house but I love big and small dogs.  Our baby is a six month old Miniature Longhaired Dachshund.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 04:36:53 am by jp072 »

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Thank you for joining us (All Big dog (and small dog!!) lovers are welcome!) and for signing that petition!  I'm so sorry about that dog getting attacked and killed.  There are bad repercussions for so many when dogs are taught to be aggressive!

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
Heya JP welcome aboard! I'm originally from Wetumpka and know where you are coming from, this is so not right... I went a week in a daze and could not stop thinking about Kahn, and what it must have been like for this family, and how I would deal with it.  It just suprised me, I didn't imagine something like that happening in Wetumpka, but I'm probably a bit naive.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
I can't even put into words how much this breaks my heart & angers me at the same time. I just signed. We are #4,817.
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
Just signed the petition too.  We are # 4838.  This story was so heart breaking.  The terrible people that did this heinous act should not be allowed to get away with this crap!

Anita & the 3 Newfies from NJ