Author Topic: Confessions of a Lurker  (Read 8901 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: Confessions of a Lurker
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2006, 08:30:29 pm »
Welcome to BPO!...I'm Chelle & my big pawed babies are Samson, Pippin & Rosie...We also are allowed to live here by our 10 cats, 2 house bunnies & one guinea pig princess! :D

chaosndestruction

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2006, 08:52:43 pm »
Welcome to BPO! I'm Bri and i'm owned by a 2 1/2 week old husky mix girl (still haven't decided which girl I want though). I live in Oregon as well. I'm located in Rainier about an hour NW of Portland.

I'm not much help when it comes to picking puppies...i'd want to take them all! 

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2006, 09:19:14 pm »
Hi and welcome to BPO!!! I'm Shawna and I'm owned by a Newfie girl named Sadie. She's 4 and a half months.

I'm thinking you need both those boys ;)
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2006, 09:27:16 pm »
Hello Amy Lynn, welcome to BPO! Glad you finally decided to post :)

I am sure that both of the newfie boys you are looking at are wonderful. I can't give any advice based on looks; if I were you I would visit them, play with them,and go with my heart to see which of them was meant to go home with you. I am sure you will be happy no matter which you choose! :)
RIP former BPO

Offline luvanewf

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2006, 09:44:51 pm »
Hi Amy Lynn, welcome to the group.  I also recently introduced myself and am glad to have other newbies with me.  My name is Katie and my husband and I have 4 children whom we also homeschool and our 14wk(give or take a week) newfie named Solomon.  Can't wait to hear more from you.  Good luck choosing your new family member, what a tough decision!  :)

Offline raygoza6n510

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Copa & adidas
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2006, 01:02:55 am »
They are both cute! The one on the right with all the white! He will always have matching white socks with the girls!
Monica
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

Offline Beth

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Kuma
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2006, 05:57:08 am »
HI and welcome.  SO glad you came out of lurking!  :D

Its a great group of folks and you will get loads of support!
Beth &
Kuma (Newfoundland)

" Don't accept your dog's admiration
as conclusive evidense that you are wonderful."
-Ann landers

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2006, 11:56:25 am »
I just wanted to thank you all for such a warm welcome! :) I am looking forward to getting to know everyone!  :D

Denise- I would LOVE to meet at the Dog Park sometime!

Blessings!
Amy
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2006, 12:18:25 pm »
Hey Amy!!  Welcome!  I'm owned by two Newfs, a Landseer, Cowboy (3 years old) and Chester, my brown one year old.  I think the pup with the white is called an Irish spotted (aka Landseer wanna-be! ;D ;D ;D).  I'd take both too, if I could!   I guess you just need to go spend time with both and see which one grabs your heart and won't let go!  There's just nothing better than a Newfer-baby!!!

Post more pics when you can!!

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2006, 12:22:12 pm »
Hey, Amy--

I'm Sheryl, the sad, currently dogless, dog--friendly LA apartment hunting one around here.  I have to hang out and cyber love everyone else's babies, because I can't have my own right now.

Why can't you have them both??  You have more than enough cute little girls to help train them--just one would get awful spoiled with all those little girls loving on him.  And even as big as Newfie's are, there's just no WAY all of them can pet him together, and it will cause wailing and gnashing of teeth. 

You definitely need them both.  For you children's sake. ;D
Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2006, 12:23:45 pm »
Hi Amy, welcome to BPO. You should love it here. I'm owned by a Newf, Angus, who just turned 11 months old today. The puppies look great, makes me want to get a second!

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2006, 05:05:16 pm »

Why can't you have them both??  You have more than enough cute little girls to help train them--just one would get awful spoiled with all those little girls loving on him.  And even as big as Newfie's are, there's just no WAY all of them can pet him together, and it will cause wailing and gnashing of teeth. 

You definitely need them both.  For you children's sake. ;D

OOOOO Sheryl!
Since you put it that way...I'm going to HAVE to get them both! :)
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2006, 05:07:52 pm »
 ;D 
Welcome to this wonderful site! I think you will really enjoy . I m mom to Freya 5 years Shiloh Shepherd- Milo 3 years american staffordshire terrier- Bryce 9 months English Mastiff Brindle! I discovered this site after i got Bryce i to was kinda a lurker to i did'nt say anything right away and just read the stories and checked out the pic's i love it here and the people and dogs are great!      Marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats