Author Topic: Posting Status Names/Categories  (Read 7358 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Posting Status Names/Categories
« on: May 30, 2005, 03:05:17 pm »
Hello All! I've been out and about this weekend at Lake Havasu getting drunk and sunburned with Michael and our friends, but am glad to be back home with Bear and the BPO clan.  :D
I am in need of your help though. A while back I posed this question but had no responses so I am hoping to get some help with more minds working together. I want to add a section by your avatar which lists the number of posts you've made and your "status" as a member here. I would really like it to be dog related but unique- something special for us here on BPO. I was thinking of going with the paw theme originally- like toe nail, toe pad, little paw, etc. but had too much trouble with it. So, any ideas theme related that you have would be sooo greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Posting Status Names/Categories
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 03:09:32 pm »
Just an idea. Our big dogs all have big snouts. Maybe we could use that somehow??
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 03:31:24 pm »
How about the "dew claw": it's that little thing no one ever thinks about but is always in the way or getting them in trouble (hooked on fences, growing the annoying long nail that you always foget to clip, etc.). That's if it's left on, of course. Just like, if we stay on this list, we don't think about how much time we spend here, but it always seems like it's getting us in trouble (with spouse, boss, etc.) because we're having so much fun!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

nickerbokker

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 03:34:28 pm »
i'll have to think about this one!

nickerbokker

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 03:37:08 pm »
Hello All! I've been out and about this weekend at Lake Havasu getting drunk and sunburned with Michael and our friends, but am glad to be back home with Bear and the BPO clan.  :D
I am in need of your help though. A while back I posed this question but had no responses so I am hoping to get some help with more minds working together. I want to add a section by your avatar which lists the number of posts you've made and your "status" as a member here. I would really like it to be dog related but unique- something special for us here on BPO. I was thinking of going with the paw theme originally- like toe nail, toe pad, little paw, etc. but had too much trouble with it. So, any ideas theme related that you have would be sooo greatly appreciated. Thanks!

so, DID YOU CRAP IN YOUR PANTS WHEN YOU SAW ALL THE NEW POSTS?   we went crazy over here!

glad you're back!  glad you have fun!  and squeeze bear for all of us!

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2005, 05:54:51 pm »
Since it is "Big Paws Only", it definitely makes sense to use paw avatars to rank members according to number of posts.  That is what you are doing, correct?

Everything seems centered around "Paws", with Paw Print Profiles, etc.  So, it could be like belts in Karate - arranged by color.  To start out, a newbie may be identified by a white, red, or other color, and so on.

I hope that is helpful.  Or they could start out with small paws and as they stick around and post they move up a size until they are biggest, and then they could begin colors according to posts.  Such as after one has attained the largest paw print avatar possible, he/she then attains a color after so many posts.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2005, 07:03:03 pm »
Good ideas! I like what I've heard so far...paw related...lets keep the juices flowing though so that we can come up with the best possible names.

And yes Nicki- you girls are wild women! I couldn't believe all of the posts I saw when I came home today. It will take a while to read through all of them but I am excited.  ;) I'm so glad that you have moved in and take such an active role in our BPO family. You girls are awesome!! What would we do without you?!  Thanks for the squeeze to Bear..he loved it and sends drooly kisses to Angus & Cody.
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2005, 08:05:50 pm »
I like the colour coded idea. Or a star system with the paw print.Both Maybe??
I was off with my first post. As I sometimes do I didnt re-read. I love the paw prints I thought you wanted different ideas. Duhhh  ::) 
Coonie

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2005, 08:08:49 pm »
Any idea is cool Coonie. I couldn't come up with more than a few categories so that is why I said any dog related one is cool...I do like the dew claw idea too. It is very cute. The more ideas we get, them more choices we have. Paws or not, I just want the system to be original and awesome!
Hugs,
Jaime

nickerbokker

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2005, 08:11:27 pm »
Good ideas! I like what I've heard so far...paw related...lets keep the juices flowing though so that we can come up with the best possible names.

And yes Nicki- you girls are wild women! I couldn't believe all of the posts I saw when I came home today. It will take a while to read through all of them but I am excited.  ;) I'm so glad that you have moved in and take such an active role in our BPO family. You girls are awesome!! What would we do without you?!  Thanks for the squeeze to Bear..he loved it and sends drooly kisses to Angus & Cody.

im so glad you aren't kicking us off!  i totally thought we, or at least i, would be!  the boys loved their lovin from bear!  they're both into men lol

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2005, 09:00:59 pm »
OK.  Just to get the ball rolling...and some brainstorming:

Hot Doggie  - (red) signifies “newest”, also smallest
Warm Wagger – (orange), next in size
Mutter Mutt – (yellow), next biggest in avatar size
Big Barker – (another color), even bigger avatar
Tremendous Tongue…(and so on)

Now, I know you guys can come up with better than those.... ;)
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2005, 09:57:14 pm »
Those are soo cute & creative! I love 'em!!
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2005, 10:19:46 pm »
Hi, been reading all of the posts and having a blast with them, drunk and all.  I try not to post when I am a little "tipsy" as I can say things that bite me in the _ss later but you all seem to keep it cool and fun.  The only thing that I noticed that may contribute to your notions of keeping it together is that when there is an avatar that includes both the dog and owner, it is much more (what is the word I am looking for?) affective and easy to relate to.  As an example Bear laying down with Jamie, helps me relate to who is posting.  I am trying to get a photo for my own Avatar, however, I am not as young as I used to be but Niki makes me look good.  hee hee.  Just a thought. 
Peggy

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2005, 10:42:12 pm »
Hi, been reading all of the posts and having a blast with them, drunk and all.  I try not to post when I am a little "tipsy" as I can say things that bite me in the _ss later but you all seem to keep it cool and fun.  The only thing that I noticed that may contribute to your notions of keeping it together is that when there is an avatar that includes both the dog and owner, it is much more (what is the word I am looking for?) affective and easy to relate to.  As an example Bear laying down with Jamie, helps me relate to who is posting.  I am trying to get a photo for my own Avatar, however, I am not as young as I used to be but Niki makes me look good.  hee hee.  Just a thought.  

I like this idea, too.  For those of us who are comfortable with it...it is a great option!

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2005, 07:32:47 am »
I like that idea too pndlake. I think I may have a 1/2 decent one of me and Judge. I think Ill go put it in my avatar.
Moon
Great ideas. I can never get the colours to work on this site??
Coonie