Author Topic: Galahads makeover....  (Read 3015 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Galahads makeover....
« on: May 31, 2005, 12:45:21 am »
Sooo.... we went to the movies and then to play some pool with the kids this eve. Everyone who read "we found a dog" knows we have a dog here that we are trying to help find mommy and daddy for. She has been outside in the backyard since we brought her home, it has been a super weather and she has been okay out there. I could not bring her in since Galahad still doesnt have all the shots. Anyway, today it was raining so I had to figure out how I could bring her in without having her meet Galahad. So I decided she was going to be in the laundry room. When we left I had to put up Galahad too because he isnt to be trusted when we are gone for more than just a short while. He is usually in the laundry room, but that was occupied  :) I let him be in our bathroom (easy floor to mop)

We had a great time, and when we came home I went straight to Galahad to take him out for a peepee, I was about to fall over...... :o We have dual sinks and a long counter, so plenty of space, and since I was real late when we were leaving I left lots of things out (late because I was on BPO until one sec. before we had to go)

He had decided to do makeup with my foundation, he got quite a bit on himself but most was on the floor and walls. He also wanted to have a good breath so he had brushed his teeth with toothpaste and the toilet brush  :-\ I am sooooo glad it is a brush that is there for "good looks" only and not one we actually use  ::) Well not so good looking now, it is rather chewed and the "holder" was cracked. He also thought he needed to do his hair, but must not have been happy with his new style because he killed the hairbrush. He had somehow managed to open one of the drawers and being such a hard working puppy, figured he needed deo. I have no idea if any of it actually made it to his pitts, but the bathroom mats wont sweat anytime soon  ;D He also trashed a sponge Jennifer keeps in our bathroom, a sponge on a "stick" for scrubbing her back, DEAD.......... And as if that wasnt enough I had forgot to put the trashcan up, he had emptied it all over the floor and I guess he did not like the design on the bathroom stuff I had because he killed the trashcan.

First I was just staring, and then I soooo wanted to laugh. Galahad sat in the middle of it all, gave me the "I have nooooothing to do with this mess" look and had foundation and toothpaste all over and a piece of Jennifers sponge haning from his mouth  ;D He actually looked adorable, I didnt tell him that though lol.......

Galahad is now smelling good again, after his bath. But my bathroom is in urgent care of some kind of magic cleaning, maybe even a paint job. But he is sooooo cute, I forgive him lol......

What would I do without my babies, life would be soooo boring, I would have a clean house, clothes with no dog hair and wouldnt trip over dog toys.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Galahads makeover....
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 06:37:28 am »
OH I am in stitches!  I can just see him with the sponge hanging from his mouth!  You described it so vividly that I see the whole thing and boy does your bathroom sound like it needs a makeover!  Galahad sounds like a Hollywood boy to me :-* 

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 07:25:02 am »
Once again Marit You have made my morning. You are just too funny. I love your positive attitude. We have to laugh I guess. I came home one day just before Christmas to find my Christmas tree in front of the door and I laughed> Hey our BIG Boys dont just chew on a shoe. Wouldnt that be so borring??
Tina
I LOVE my magic eraser. Its the BEST!!
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

dohertyswissy

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 11:32:04 am »
LMAO!!!!  That is just TOOO funny!  Galahad was trying to look good for the new lady puppy that has moved in.  You got to appreciate that he wants to look his best. 

Cracks me up when they give you that "I had nothing to do with this huge mess that wasn't here before you left pay no attention to the shoestring/pillow/sponge hanging out of my mouth" look.   :D

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 02:03:37 pm »
Okay..... I have not been online today until now, I have been busy, doing what????? ::) Yep..... cleaning my bathroom, and it took me half the day well it is now almost 4 here and I am just done, but since Galahad and the other dogs had to go outside two million times in the middle of it, its probably been at least 3,5 hours of real real hard cleaning, and yesssss it needs a good paintjob thats for sure. I also love the macig erasers, and dont know how I managed before without them, but this was too much even for them, mind you I used up two packs = 4 sponges  :P

Ohhh well I guess since the house is now hmmmm lets see almost exactly 1,5 years old, it really was time for a bathroom makeover anyway  ;D

And let me tell you, hubby did not take it quite as well hehehehe, he almost had a fit, and started to talk about how new the house is and now looooook. and since we came home late and my first priority was to give Galahad a bath, how in the world did I expect him to shower in that bathroom in the morning, he was not a happy camper lol....... Well I told him to shower in another bathroom and that since he was not going to take care of the mess, leave me and my baby alone  ;D

He actually laughed this morning though. Ohhhh coonie..... hehe I had the christmas issue with one dane male I had. We had decorated a big tree and my danes always had the run of the house when we left, they were soooo good  ::) Just that my male decided to bring the christmas tree to the couch with him. when we got home he AND the tree was in the couch. But he still managed to look as if he had NOTHING to do with it lol...... We re-decorated it and well long story short we were welcomed  by a tree in the couch two more times, then we decided to drill a whole in the wall and tie the tree to it, it worked. Sooo for future christmases that is something I can recommend lol.....

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog