Author Topic: CUTEST BLOODHOUND PUP Meet "Cletus"  (Read 22813 times)

k2campbell

Re: CUTEST BLOODHOUND PUP Meet "Cletus"
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2006, 07:29:41 am »
Welcome to BPO!  Cletus is a doll, I've always loved Bloodhounds (all those wrinkles), AW! ;)

I'm Kelly, live in Alberta Canada, and that is our Leo girl Kate - she's 9 months old.  Enjoy it here! ;D

Offline MomofSweetCletus

• Gnawer
  • Cletus "Pink Floyd" Lundberg
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2006, 10:41:55 pm »
I live in Winchester TN near Nashville.  I do get over to east TN pretty often though!  My old college room mate lives in Greeneville.  Your babies are sweet!  How empty life would be without our sweet canines! 

Offline MomofSweetCletus

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2006, 10:56:50 pm »
I've never owned a bloodie before, and they are quite stubborn and majorly determined!  But he's a total joy!  So different.  I've done lots of shelter rescues and fostering, and so many different kinds of dogs, but this one takes the cake on being pig headed!  Cletus was the last pup in his litter, and had a herniated (sp??) umbilical site, and later an undescended testicle, so he wasn't sell-able.  I knew he would need surgery and special care, so I got a call, and off we went to the holler to check him out.  The minute my husband saw him, it was love.  He carried that pup around until he got so big it was impossible.  He goes to work with us, and is basically my husband's shadow.  They actually talk!  This dog doesn't bark, he just kinda howls, and it's so funny, and when my husband is "talking" with him, he just throws his head back and very softly, makes a very low "Roe" sound, tail wagging..it's hilarious!  I know we supposedly saved him, but indeed, it's definitely US who got the best end of that deal!  Here's another shot of Cletus as pup with my son.

Offline MomofSweetCletus

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2006, 04:56:53 am »
What a lovely clan you have Jules!  I rescued my little poo mix from a kill shelter in Chattanooga TN.  She had been beaten pretty badly and had to be shaved and stitched, so she was kinda scary looking.  She was scheduled to be euthanized the next day.  I loose my mind everytime I go there, but I would say I have fostered about 100 dogs, and helped find them good homes, and it was hard for me to let go of each and every one of them, but Izzy...well, I felt like she just belonged with us!  I love ALL dogs, and may the maker bless all of us who understand that dogs bring happiness where there is none, joy where there is pain, love for the loveless, and more love to the loved! I can't imagine my life without them!   

Offline MomofSweetCletus

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2006, 05:58:06 am »
More Cletus...lol

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2006, 06:11:02 am »
Cletus is PRECIOUS!  ;D His name is so adorable, too. It is the perfect Bloodhound name. I love them. What a fun breed. :)

Welcome to BPO! :)
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2006, 07:21:12 am »
Hello, and welcome to BPO!  So glad to have you here.

Your Cletus is a doll!  And the name is perfect for a bloodhound.  I've only met a few in my lifetime as hounds aren't the big thing in California.... ....lol.  But they certainly are a sight to see when you do get to see one.   :)

Offline terminallycute

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • TerminallyCute
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2006, 12:56:30 pm »
Aww! He's cute!! Bishop is our 1st bloodhound too, and just turned a year old a couple weeks ago. 

Let me just say that as they get bigger, so does the drool factor also grow!  ;D You will be investing mightily in Clorox wipes or some similar product...and a "dog towel" will become your favorite fashion accessory!

Have fun with your new baby!!!
BTW, I'm new to the forums too!

~TC & Bishy-Boo, too

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2006, 03:31:43 pm »
Love that hound! Yes, more pics! More pics!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline jennifer

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2006, 07:51:30 am »
Well, he's as cute as can be.  And what a beautiful family! We rescued our two saint bernards 3 years ago and a cat 5 years ago. What absolute joy! They complete the family. :) Welcome to BPO & enjoy!
:) Jennifer
Mom to Saint Nakita and Charlie the cat

RIP sweet Bear (9/02-8/08)

Kirsti

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2006, 08:01:17 am »
Ohh...what a cute dog! Bloodhounds are wonderful! very cute pictures. I'm Kirsti with my pup Sammi...Welcom e to bpo!!

~K