Author Topic: Is he too skinny  (Read 4243 times)

Blair

Is he too skinny
« on: April 20, 2006, 12:14:54 pm »
Between Grey and Zeus, I am pulling my hair out with weight issues. The rottweilers down here are so thick, but Zeus just looks too thin. I just cant put weight on him  :-\ Here is a picture of his back, what do you all think  ???

Offline krismark

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • My babies!
Re: Is he too skinny
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 12:57:33 pm »
He doesn't look too thin to me. I would say, as long as he has a thin layer of fat over his ribs he's perfect...just like any other dog. Just my opinion.

One of my dogs didn't "fill out" in width until he was almost 4 years old.

Blair

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 12:59:04 pm »
Thanks for the reply. Here is a picture of him from the side. He doesnt look bad from the side, atleast I dont think so.

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 05:24:41 pm »
I think he looks fantastic!  Also I am a blunt enough kind of person to tell you otherwise but he isnt :)
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 06:56:12 am »
i think he's perfect.  a healthy weight looks like an hour glass almost.  you certainly don't want him fat.  some rotts...even other breeds look different because they are bred differently.  look at the difference between lady and grace.  Grace was bred for show so they "made" her smaller.  Lady was just bred.  Her father was absolutely HUGE!  her mother looks a lot like she does now but she got a lot of her size from her father.  Sometimes "thick" and big...even though seen as typical for a Rott and preferable for a Rott is not healthy at all.  I worry about Lady's size sometimes.