Author Topic: A Day in the Mountains  (Read 8067 times)

k2campbell

A Day in the Mountains
« on: April 14, 2006, 04:22:33 pm »
We woke up today and it was absolutely gorgeous out (at home anyhow), decided to take Kate for a hike at Johnston's Canyon in Banff.  All 3 of us had a blast! ;D

We live about an hour and a half drive away from the mountains, and Eric and I decided today (after our hike) that we really should take advantage of it more often.  The air is so pure and fresh, all 3 of us are exhausted (but) refreshed! ;)

Only downer was it was raining up there, and a little chilly.  We weren't quite prepared for the hike (the path was completely covered in ice & slush) but we made it!  The hike took us 2 hours and Kate was SUCH a good girl, heeled on command and went nice and sss-lllll-oo-www so mommy wouldn't slip on the ice. :D

Edited to add: Check out Kate sleeping in the truck on the way home, she wouldn't rest her tired head!  She held it up as she was lying down (silly girl)! ::)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 04:54:45 pm by k2campbell »

Blair

Re: Trip to the Mountains
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 04:35:50 pm »
Those are beautiful pictures  :)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: A Day in the Mountains
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 01:50:06 am »
I love that last one!  She is SOOO tired, but isn't going to give up that wonderful day!!!

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 08:29:55 am »
Wow. Nature is so amazing! I started shivering just looking at those pictures, since I am sitting here in a tank top and it is about 90 degrees outside here in TN! :D

Kate looks like she is right in her element! :)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 08:33:31 am »
Nice pics :)
RIP former BPO

k2campbell

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 12:00:43 pm »
I love that last one!  She is SOOO tired, but isn't going to give up that wonderful day!!!

I started shivering just looking at those pictures, since I am sitting here in a tank top and it is about 90 degrees outside here in TN! :D

newflvr - I love that pic too, and if I remember correctly - at one point she was snoring (with her still head up) ::) :D  So Kate didn't want to give in to her exhaustion is right!

Rebecca - ha ha (shivering), very funny!  Quit rubbing it in! :P  Just kidding of course! ;)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 12:02:26 pm by k2campbell »

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2006, 01:13:57 pm »
What beautiful pictures!!!  I am jealous of your trip!!!  Kate looks great!!!!
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2006, 01:53:21 pm »
Gorgeous!  Oh, yeah, the scenery too!  Are you north, south, east or west of Banff?  My sister lives a few hours southeast I believe, she's east of Calgary now and I think we drove north from Calgary when I visited her and we went to Banff. 
Daphne

k2campbell

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2006, 05:56:23 pm »
Gorgeous!  Oh, yeah, the scenery too!  Are you north, south, east or west of Banff?  My sister lives a few hours southeast I believe, she's east of Calgary now and I think we drove north from Calgary when I visited her and we went to Banff. 

Cool!  We're northeast of Banff.  Did you like Banff? 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 07:47:17 am by k2campbell »

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2006, 11:38:51 pm »
The pics are beautiful...an d bring back so many memories! I lived in Lake Louise for two years about ten years ago now.I can't wait to go back and do some more hiking. Kate looks like she had the best time ever!!
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2006, 06:31:47 am »
Cool!  We're in Airdrie, which is a 15 minute drive north of the outskirts of Calgary.  So, we'd be northeast of Banff.  Did you like Banff? 

Loved the whole area!  It is beautiful!  Wouldn't want to live in Banff itself as I understand it is incredibly expensive but it was certainly fun to visit.  It has been a while though, come to think of it.  My nephew was just starting kindergarten when I was there and now he's 26!  Won't say how that dates me...
Daphne

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 02:28:13 am »
beautiful pics!