Author Topic: Question, Bubba has been chewing...  (Read 16941 times)

Lyn

Question, Bubba has been chewing...
« on: May 31, 2005, 07:30:56 am »
I didn't know what to title this post as, But nonetheless this is rather embarassing to post.. LOL

Bubba has been chewing on his 'parts' for the last week. Not just normal chewing. He seems to be trying to chew his pee pee off.  ??? If I don't stop him he litterally makes red welts on the skin.

He was in to see the vet and he's pretty sure it's not a UTI or anything related to that. But he's chewing enough to make his pee pee swollen. I'm suppose to try and get a urine sample anyway, just in case he's wrong. But no luck so far. As soon as he see's me walking up to him with a container he stops peeing and thinks I have food for him. LOL

I'm just curious if anyone might have any idea's as to what this could be? Another thing the vet mentioned was hormones possibly, and recommended getting him neutered. But I can't see hormones causing him to attempt to chew off his pecker. LOL

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Question, Bubba has been chewing...
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 07:35:13 am »
I have no advice, but I love that post!  You are too funny!

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 07:46:56 am »
Judge constantly licks his. And Ive seen him chewing at it too. ??? Since we are on this subject. That Thing is huge. UCK. When I took Judge to the vet a few weeks ago I asked her if it was normal to be so big. I was really embarassed to ask but....I know he is a big boy I just wondered. Im sure she thought I was a bit weird to ask but you never know and I wasnt about to get too close to it. She said it was fine. I sure hope he never decides to shag anyones leg.
Lyn
I hope everything is OK. Someone on here may be able to help.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 07:50:12 am »
When, my Newf mix, Rocco was a little guy, probably 12-14 weeks old he had issues.  It turned out that his little pink thing (don't know what it is technically called) was stuck in him.  It had gotten an infection and crusted in there.  After going to 3 different vets, the third one finally soaked his penus and then worked it out and cleaned it up.  It was a little painful but he stopped chewing on himself and he started peeing outside instead of dripping everywhere in my house.

Random issue but it might be what is up.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 07:52:03 am »
 Maybe he's into pain?...lol...Serio usly though, I would think that there is something irritating him for him to do that...Do you use any kind of shampoo or such that could irritate?...Carept Fresh or the like on the carpet?...You know how it is when you get something that irriatates on your uuummmmm sensative parts!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 08:04:26 am »
Hmm...interest ing problem. I am not sure what could be causing it to swell and get red, but Bear licks and sucks on his. The noises he makes while doing it are kinda disturbing too so whenever I catch him I make him stop. It might juts be a boy thing, but I'd go back to the vet if it doesn't stop getting so irritated down there.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

waffles717

This is our Story to all you Staint Bernard lover's out there, never i say never giver your dog a chew, that is eight in long they chew it and it slides and gets stuck in there throught,i was very lucky to be home at the time she could not breath i turned on her side,put my hand down her throught and grabed i had quarter in, and pulled it out,and saved my dog maggie's Life,I will never Buy a Chewie again!!! we are getting another Saint Bernard too!! for my 50 Birthday!! Happy Birthday MaryLee!!this my Story please tell Every one it is so impotantant

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 02:52:34 pm »
Hi Lyn, well hehe that is a problem  ::) When you went to the vet did they do any tests??? I have a few ideas, first to mind is bladder or uti, but since you have been to the vet for that its probably not. so another thing is what someone else posted here, the shampoo, or coat conditioner spray or what have you, you use. Just like two legged kids, dogs can get infections from getting schampoo in their privat parts, and it can burn, sting and itch. Also yeast infection..... . That burns and itches like crazy. the yeast they can take a little scrape test and see if it is.

Things you could do to try and help him, is to rinse his peepee with luke warm water, and kinda rinse out wat may be "in there"   ;) Also give him yoghurt could help, it regulates the ph, and helps the urine be a healthy ph.

Our Galahad is doing some serious licking too, but never chewing, thank god hehe, and absolutely no need to feel silly about posting questions like this, thats what this board is soooo good for. no questions are silly..... Please let us know how he is doing, and how things turn out, I will absolutely keep my fingers (my dogs keep their paws) crossed, that he will still have a little winky when the problem is solved  :D

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Lyn

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2005, 06:29:39 am »
I do spray febreze air freshener. And use carpet fresh occasionally. I'll stop using those for the time being and see if it helps. The only shampoo I've used on him is flea shampoo. But his flea/heartworm meds start today so I won't be using it anymore unless I see more fleas.

The vet told me to buy Zincofax for diaper rash and put that on him. But I just can't bring myself to touch "it" LOL He got rather excited when the vet was looking down there and started humping air. I can just see Bubba following me around with the tube of Zincofax.. LOL

We did sit him in the tub and attempt to rinse it out.. but I know it's not stuck in there since he likes to show it to everyone. LOL

But no vet didn't test anything yet, he's waiting for the urine sample that I still haven't got. As soon as he sees anything in my hand he stops peeing.

Bubba has also started another yucky habit this morning.... eating poop. Lovely!! UGH

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2005, 12:24:58 pm »
hehe Bubba is getting and appetite up for "pervie" things  ::) Well you should have lived close to here, I dont mind it hehe. I mean not that I enjoy it, but it doesnt bother me at all, I have had too many animals with too many privat part issues to really care anylonger. I dont think the febreze is hurting him, I was more thinking about you know coat shine/conditioner in a spray bottle, I use them and like them, but it is not a good idea if they get it in their little thing (girls or boys) You know I would probably try to give him the bacteria culture from yoghurt, if he does have yeast inf. or uri, or bladder problem it will definately not hurt, and may even help a lot. And it is all natural.

About the poo eating, jey..... lucky you  ;D But that is rather easy to cure. They have several different product to give oraly to make them get over the urge to eat their poop. They work well and actually does help. Good Luck and you can not leave us hanging now  ::) you gotta keep us updated lol.....

Marit

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2005, 01:55:30 pm »
 ;D Thanks bunches Tina lol..... Now I feel like a perv. I dont mind messing with it, to me it is just like any other piece of skin  ::) And I did that too, massaged down a ball on a dog I had (German Shepherd) He actually came up in the couch when I sat there to watch tv, rolled over onto his back and started to wag his tail  ::) He had two test. after a few week though, so no more fun for doggy hehe. Hubby is a bt grossed out too though. Hmmmm maybe I am a little "pervie"

Marit

nickerbokker

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2005, 02:28:18 pm »
so when yall give your dogs baths you dont clean out their peni?  LMAO....am i the only sicko that does that!  maybe there is something wrong with me!  but i always wash the peni and a hole with water!

lord have mercy

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2005, 03:43:53 pm »
I haven't had any reason to handle Samson's little boy parts but I do have a Mini Lop rabbit named Jack who had a small open area right under his...The vet shaved him there & I had to rub Neosporin on it every day...I think the little sicko liked it & his companion bunny Jill thought the shaved look was hot...lol!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2005, 04:01:07 pm »
I dont have any problems at all lol.... guess that makes me a sicko too  ::) After grooming dogs for several hours a day, giving baths, emptying anal glands and every thing inbetween  I

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2005, 04:04:01 pm »
OOPS. my little finger has a life of its own lol.... I guess I am immune to a lot of things other people think of as gross and yucky.

Jack and Jill....... That is soooo cute, are they having any babies, or do they not live in the same cage, I have heard the amount of babies a rabbit can have hehehehe No wonder the poor little thing needed neosporin on it

Marit