Author Topic: Question, Bubba has been chewing...  (Read 16256 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: Question, Bubba has been chewing...
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2005, 04:08:03 pm »
NNNNOOOOOOOO.. .No baby bunnies here!!!...I am all full up on critters!...lol...Jack had the BIG SNIP before we ever got Jill...He was h*ll on hoppy paws before that!...The cats wouldn't even sit down to eat if ya' know what I mean...lol..On ce he latched onto my head & was happily humping away & I couldn't get him off me because he had his claws wrapped in my hair!...My hubby was laughing too hard to get out fo his chair to help...lol!

nickerbokker

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2005, 04:10:32 pm »
oh thats a hellish story!  i hate small animals LOL....

but my gosh is a bunny doing moms head a funny thing to picture!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2005, 04:13:10 pm »
goodness  ;D that is one eager bunny hehe. Are Jack and Jill loose in the house, or do you have them in bunny cages??? Jennifer is asking for a bunny here, I just dont know how that would work, both Buffy and Zeus are kinda hmmmm "liking" small animals too much  ::) But I am a sucker for all animals so I really wish we could figure out a way to solve it.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2005, 04:13:35 pm »
& the whole time he was making this noise & I had never heard him make any noise before...It sounded something like this...UH..UH. .UH.....UH..UH ..UH..UH...The sound had kind of a nasal twang to it...lol!

nickerbokker

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2005, 04:13:47 pm »
just get another dog

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2005, 04:17:20 pm »
We are planning on getting another dog by spring...Samso n needs his own puppy!...I hope the dog never latches onto my head & makes that noise...lol!

nickerbokker

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2005, 04:18:40 pm »
LMAO......yep. ..not good .  been there.  so has the couch, the bed, codys BEAR....

i heard a really funny noise yesterday and looked over and it was him grunting and doing mr bear.  fell off my chair!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2005, 08:35:00 pm »
Marit, At our old house they ran the house...Jack full time...he slept with my daughter in her bed at night...Jill was in a medium sized dog crate at night only because she was very naughty...Here they have a 5 & 1/2 by 10 ft. pen in the basement with a hutch in it...The hutch is always open though...The reason they don't run the house here is because we have cream carpet as far as the eye can see & though they use the litter box I have never met any bunny with perfect litter box habits...Also they will tear up the carpet big time!...I do bring them up into the kitchen though & out into the yard in a crate with the bottom pulled out...As soon as my hubby has time he is going to build them a larger run in the yard...Bunnies are intelligent animals & not as east to care for as you might think...A neuter is a must for a male as they become agressive & will spray which stinks to high heaven otherwise...Af ter the hormones start raging around 5 months old they are no longer the cuddely docile animals they were when they were babies...Most of the bunnies i have encountered do not like to be held but if socialized well are content to be near you...Jack used to stretch across the living room floor at night & hang out with us like a dog...He lived 3 years right with the cats with no problems unless he got mad & chased one of them across the house trying to kick their butts...lol..I think my cats are an exception to the rule though...All 8 are goofy as h*ll!..If you do decide to get a bunny I know, I am pretty bunny savvy & would be happy to help you in any way I can.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2005, 08:54:10 pm »
Thanks a lot Gypsy, you know I have had so many different kinds of animals but only one bunny, it was when I was very young, so like very very very many years ago  ::) And I dont know much about them at all, more than they make lots of babies lol.....

Hubby was talking about making a large run for a bunny in the yard, so the summer wouldnt be a problem I dont think, it is when it has to be indoors all the time it would be a bit problematic. I so wish we had a basement, we were thinking about it when we built, but opted not to, now I so regret that, I can see sooooo many uses for a basement.

If we do decide to get one, or two or with my filosophy ten  ;D Id definately ask you both before, what to get and the difference between the breeds and then Id ask you to write a book in bunny care lol.....

Marit

nickerbokker

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2005, 08:56:28 pm »
oooo....betwee n a bunny boook, and a butt juice book, you guys could make a LOT of money!  then you can give it to rescues!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2005, 08:58:15 pm »
YW Marit!...If you do get more than one bunny though a neutered male female pair bond best...I have heard horror stories about bunnies that about killed one another...I am VERY lucky that mine bonded so well...I probably could write a bunny book...I do TONS of research on all of my critter...As I told you before I love to save & preventative measures saves me a ton as well as "do it myself"...I hope bunnies don't need their anal glands drained..LOL!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2005, 10:17:23 pm »
lol..... even if they did, I wouldnt know it. But hey..... always up for something new

Now when you say it, I think I have heard stories about bunnies being very aggressive too. I once had a friend whos dad was breeding the big ones with big hanging ears. They were showing them and sold as pets and show bunnies. I am for doing what you can yourself too, both because it does save a lot of money when you have a ton of animals, and it is interesting I enjoy reading and learning about them.

We went to Petsmart earlier this eve. to get a new pooperscooper and a collar for puppydoggy, she didnt have one when we picked her up off the street and we didnt have one that fit her. There Jennifer as usual wanted to go look at the pocket pets, they didnt have any bunnies, so we had to stop by Pets Pro, they had a few, so she was standing there for 15 min or so, telling us just how much she really really NEEDED one hehe

Marit