Author Topic: mouth  (Read 9789 times)

nickerbokker

mouth
« on: May 31, 2005, 11:59:11 am »
so.  my golden is the most gentle dog ever.  in everything he does.....he will run full speed at you, and stop before he touches you....when we play wrestle, he is carfeul not to get carried away....IF, by chance, his mouth ends up around my arm, he lets go and does not bit down....he loves and is sweet to his animals (for the most part)....he is just super nice. 

then there is the devil.  who will run at you fullspeed and knock you over.  who will bite you with full force while playing,.  who will jump on the bed, and you at the same time...without trying to miss you.  who just rips stuff up for the fun of it.  who will put bite marks in anything he picks up because he is just that rough. 

i know goldens are super delicate and act that way too....but should angus be THAT bad compared to his brother?  i can't blame it on him being a boy because cody is too but he is sweet and nice and an angel. 

am i a bad mom, or is this a huge breed thing, or do il just happen to have the only devil on here?

lins_saving_grace

Re: mouth
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 12:05:24 pm »
Too Funny!  Like night and day!!!
You certainly don't have the only devil!  I have one too.
Gracey loves to tear things from the bathroom trash can and run off with them.  When you go to take it from her mouth before she swallows it she runs the other way and I end up chasing her in circles around a table of some kind.  Like this morning..my husband was indesposed let's say and she and I were running around the kitchen table while I was saying dumb things like, "Gracey, stop. Give me that" or "Gracey, this isn't funny. Drop it"  She is a little stinker.

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 12:09:11 pm »
I have a trick for getting the puppy not to run from you.  Get her attention then run from her, taunt her, and act happy.  It works everytime with my guys and I can usually pick up what they had where they dropped or snag them so I can take it.  You look just as stupid running from them as after them.  Good luck and I hope it works for you.  :P
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

nickerbokker

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 12:11:50 pm »
LOL, i say the same thing to angus.....im like "angus, this isn't funny d$##%^!  mommy's gettin pissed!  gimme the tampon!"  does he listen....yes. ....his little ears are moving all around and i can see a smile on his face.....but does he do anything about it...no.

my favorite is how everyone on my street looks at me like im bonkers!  i ALWAYS am talking to my dogs....after they take a big crap, im like "way to go boys!"  and i hold it up and admire it!  lmao.  paaing by people just looks at me like "she has lost her mind!"

but my big question is, is it normal for him to be so rough or not!  goldens can pick up a contact with their two front teeth and not scratch it......and i didn't expect that of a st...but i also didnt expect him to just beat me up, and have no idea how strong his mouth is!!!

dohertyswissy

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 12:14:03 pm »
i'm starting to think it is puppihood, maybe?  ranger is definitely mouthy and if he doesn't stop chasing the damn cat, while having no concern for my personal safety, i'm going to go postal!  i say "leave it" at least 15 times a day.  however, with ranger, he gets devilish spurts of energy...it isn't constant.  most of the time he is very chilled out.....then all of a sudden .... WHAMO!  he gets possessed!

i love him, though!  i can't say anything.....i'm a little devilish myself now and then!   ;)

i'm definitely going to try the "running away" thing....i'm going to look like an idiot, but at least my pals on bpo will understand!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 12:15:04 pm »
Well you know I love to look stupid !!!!  I'll have to try that...she's usually pretty curious about what I'm heading after.  Thanks.  I'll let you know what happens.