Author Topic: Big Paws Needs Support  (Read 22883 times)

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Big Paws Needs Support
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2006, 08:22:12 am »
Let me say that I am not a very trusting person.  That said I did send money to help BPO - the reason is:  I have gotten more free and good advise on this site.  I have also asked for and gotten prayers for sick loved ones.  I have also been able to vent to my BPO friends about all kinds of situations with my fur and skin babies.

No one is telling ANYONE that they have to donate money - no one will be denied membership if they choose not to send money so if we CHOSE to donate money that isn't up to you. You don't have the right to call us names or doubt our intelligence.   We all make choices in life your choice can include not sending anything or staying off this site if it offends you.

Offline mac and dog owner

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2006, 09:01:34 am »
I know a little something about message boards and that is they dont make money, they COST money. The bigger they get, the more they COST. There is no revenue system in the world that has made a message board a profitable source of income. People generally pitch in because they enjoy it and they want to keep it around. Not for any other reason. I've seen people like this before and they make me wonder, if they're so passionately against donating, why do they protest? Simply don't! Enjoy the free fun you're having. Enjoy not having to manage everything, paying all the bills and making sure everyone is happy.

Offline mtaig12

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2006, 11:08:20 am »
Just in case there are others out there who are concerned, let me tell you that I have been/am a member of other message boards, and the ones that have been the most valuable to me have been the ones who ask for donations to keep the community as it is. A "ticker" of who paid what makes it seem more like Michael and Jaime are providing a service for us, which they aren't. They are providing a place for us to share our ups and downs with our pets and friends. I have belonged to one board for six years, and over the years I have been asked for various contributions, which I gladly gave. The understanding has always been that those who can, will give. Those who can't, don't. I appreciate that Michael and Jaime aren't trying to turn away those who may be in a tough financial position by  posting who paid how much. No one wants to be embarrassed by how much or how little they can afford.

I have no idea how much BPO costs, but I know that they do it as a labor of love. When a friend asks for help, especially a small donation, I do not hesitate to chip in.  And, you know, if Michael and Jaime use my few dollars to get a burger and fries, it's worth it because I've seen how responsive they are to problems with the boards. I'm happy to do what I can to help.

Thanks for everything!
Tracy

Tracy and Mike - parents
Alex and Ian - kids
Max and Star - canines
Oscar and Emily - felines
Nibbles - hamster
North Carolina

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2006, 11:13:16 am »
As a fairly new member to this site- I want everyone to know that I am gladly contributing- I cant do a lot as a lot of my extra income is going to all of the fur kids in the way of feeding, vet bills etc, but I am contributing, and happily ( I have a problem with my pay pal password that I am working on,but as soon as I can- $$ is on the way.)
Since finding this site, I have found a group of people who I can honestly say I consider friends. I look forward to coming home ( or sneaking on at work :) ) to read the posts on the site and sharing.
I do not personally know Michael and Jaime, but I would be honored to be able to meet them at some point in my life.

Here's the deal guys, if you give, you are donating. Donations are not required, but are appreciated if and when received.

I would think that if a monthly "donation" was required then members who choose to "donate" monthly would want to know where the money was allocated.

I also think that some of the requests for costs were for those of us who do not want to see this site go away, and knowing the basic cost would help some decide how much to give and if they could give extra at some times vs others, then they would.

Michael and Jaime, thank you for everything. Please do not let someone who has a bitter attitude about donating, or thier hurtful words change anything that you are doing for this site.

I would be totally lost with out BPO and all of the wonderful people that I have met.Again thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Icerotti

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2006, 11:31:19 am »
I have been a member on other boards. None can compare to this one(IMO). The members of this board have been here when I had questions, problems or just to lend an "ear" and share many laughs together. We are brought together by a common interest which bonds us. I have made friends here that will last a life time. I have met a friend 10 minutes away that I would trust with the care of my dogs  and not worry about them while in her care or count on her if I was stuck in a situation with the dogs. I know she would be there to help and I for her.

None of the above would have been possible if it were not for Michael and Jamie. I am enternally grateful to them. So, if they need a donation here and there , I don't mind at all.It is MY choice to give.  If they have a few dollars left over and buy a starbucks --well, they deserve it for all that they give us. They give us one of the most valuable and precious things in life. They give to us thier time. Thier time to organize and maintain a wonderful forum, time to organize photo contests and give presents and awards.  Thank you Michael and Jamie  ;D
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 11:35:05 am by Icerotti »

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2006, 12:07:54 pm »
THIS IS STACY BTW
WOW, i am just reading these posts for the first time today.. I agree with the other posters that this website has been nothing but a great resource, networking, and an amazing huge giant friendship with other people that share a great passion for big paws.
First of all, Jamie and Michael I would like to say THANK YOU for creating this website and having the passion to keep it going! I can only imagine how difficult it is to ask for some aid here and there.
Second, I don't know the first thing about running a website and the first thing about costs etc. But I don't think that Michael or Jamie would be the type of people to "USE" BPO as a way to make money! and even if they were (IN SOME FAR FAR WORLD) then let them be the ones that have to go to sleep at night, not critize them. And quite a few people know there home address! if that was such a concern would you think they would be giving out there home addres??
We have been on this website for over a year now and I understand that selling things online can make profit, but most of the time when people sell things theres usually a defecite. PLUS i would assume that Jamie would put the money towards paying the costs. ANd never once has Jamie ever asked for money in return for the bibs that she sends out every month!! ANd I know how much fabric can cost! ;) hehehehe
If people want to donate money then let them. If you honestly have a problem with this whole ordeal, i think that the most responsible mature way to go about it would have been to PM Jamie or Michael with your concerns. Not Post it on a board where obv. everyone is so passionate and expressing there concern.
ITs the old, "IF you can't say nothing nice, dont say nothing at all!!"
Anywho, I myself am very upset by this and again would like to just say THANK YOU to Jamie and Michael for creating this amazing website, if it ever comes to a time when you need to have a fee, I WILL BE GLAD TO SIGN UP!!
and THANK YOU TO ALL OUR BPO FAMILY for sticking up for this cause as well!!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2006, 12:17:33 pm »
You can call me what you will...but altest I know I am not a lollipop... 

Just letting you know that, in this case, if it makes you happy, please call me a lollipop. 

I've found it is a good thing in life to trust someone until they prove they can't be trusted.

I trust Jaime and Michael.

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2006, 12:22:40 pm »
You can call me what you will...but altest I know I am not a lollipop... 

Just letting you know that, in this case, if it makes you happy, please call me a lollipop. 

I LOVE LOLLIPOPS! Esp the ones you can lick for days! Tell me, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a toostie pop!?  :P
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2006, 12:30:32 pm »
Its very obvious you all like lollipops...an d when u get to the center, someone will have fat pockets
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2006, 02:06:45 pm »
I second that, there is no reason to be attacking Jaime and Michael. And you can't deny that is what you are doing. BPO has helped me through so much. I am lucky to have met such wonderful people, and made so many friends. I couldn't have gotten through the loss of Dilbert without BPO, Jaime and Michael even sent me a card. They are such wonderful caring people and do not deserve this kind of treatment. In fact no one does.

Nina
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 02:07:56 pm by Nina »
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)