Author Topic: Oh my...whats wrong with my girl??? Help!  (Read 8016 times)

Offline Beth

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Kuma
    • View Profile
Re: Oh my...whats wrong with my girl??? Help!
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2006, 01:03:53 am »
Since Cowboy has been on a meat & veg. only diet, he has very small poohs (can you believe how much we talk about this??) and they are very firm.  Chester is still getting kibble (Natural Balance Duck & Potato allergy formula) and he is far runnier.  Got to agree that it may be coming from the food!

What on earth does poor Chester think about Cowboy getting meat and vegtables!!  ;D

BTW- When you all mention oatmeal are you talking about cooked or just plain out of the box??
Beth &
Kuma (Newfoundland)

" Don't accept your dog's admiration
as conclusive evidense that you are wonderful."
-Ann landers

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2006, 01:06:41 am »
Hi,

Either way, I microwave it, adds a little more water and I wouldn't like it dry. Dawn just adds it uncooked. Winslow loves it either way.

Rich
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Offline Beth

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Kuma
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 01:45:59 am »
Thanks!  :)
Beth &
Kuma (Newfoundland)

" Don't accept your dog's admiration
as conclusive evidense that you are wonderful."
-Ann landers

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2006, 04:03:24 am »
What on earth does poor Chester think about Cowboy getting meat and vegtables!!  Grin

Hehehe!  The first year he pretty much point blank refused to eat his kibble.  ::) ::) I ended up cooking Cowboy's meat with water to make a sort of gravy and then poured a bit on Chester's food so at least they smell the same.  He's only really improved since I got the Coco's Cuisine and put a couple of heaping tablespoons on his kibble and mix it all together.  He's a MUCH happier eater!

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2006, 04:43:58 am »
I hope Kuma gets to feeling better. Pleease keep us posted on how she's doing!
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2006, 04:45:04 am »
I hope your pup is feeling better soon.  I too agree with everyone that boiled chicken and rice after a day of fasting.  Keep her on that for a day, then maybe slowly introduce the Canidae.  Make sure she is drinking plenty of water too, especially after she got a bit hot the other day.  Even after playing in the heat, we give our puppers, lots of ice first, til they calm down, then lots of fresh cool water.  We have also used canned pumpkin, plain or vanilla yogurt and carrots.  Only after she is feeling better of course.  We use Solid Gold  Hund n Flocken and they haven't had a problem with it.  They have been on it almost 1 1/2 yrs. 

I worry about the shots too.  We lost one of our Goldens because of over stimulating her immune system with too many shots.  Our vet even brought up the topic. This was about 5 years ago.  Now most vets are running titers on them to see how the levels are instead of doing shots every year.  I think this is a better idea because those shots are very strong. 

Anita & the 3 Newifies from NJ

Keep us posted on your pup!