Author Topic: What do you use for walks?  (Read 14432 times)

Offline malsam

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: What do you use for walks?
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2007, 09:47:34 pm »
I walk both my sammies together...we have leash laws here so they get a prong each and a wacky walker coupler making them walk side by side...works great without even needing to pull them. The prong just reminds them not to go after cats or toads or whatever that is around...usual ly my boy gets agitated with them only.

The wacky coupler works as a horse leash for increasing speed and directing them instead of pulling or restricting them. The rubbery part makes my direction made know to them by wiggling through, so they dun get the jerk like usual leashes.

Offline SirdanceAlot

• Ankle Biter
  • Im to sexy for this floor.
    • View Profile
Re: What do you use for walks? Need more
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2007, 04:46:23 pm »
Ive read all the post and it seems like a lot of people use the pinch collar.  I looked up pinch collar to see what they are and it comes up with prong collars.  are they the same?  And if so they look really painfull.  My lil Spazz is starting to be a puller and is getting to big to be trying to pull me around.  I was thinking about a choke collar but i dont like the idea of choking my Spazz.  Now that pinch or prong collar looks like a killer choker.  Is that good for a 6 mo old puppy.  Im a little worried about choking him but i want him to learn to be a good puppy on the leash.  any comments

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2007, 09:22:29 pm »
i have 2 anit pull leashes/harnesses.  i tried pinch collars and muzzles and halti harnesses...no thing worked like these anti pulls.  Grace still tries to pull but these keep her more under control and give me more control of her. 

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2007, 09:39:45 pm »
wow, I read my last post! We now use no slip collars and separate leashes, I have officially walked Tonka, Nala, and Adak, I allowed them to be slightly infront of me for this walk but it went well. WHEW...we even made it in Petsmart and out in one piece. I may get a coupler for next time though as Little Adak is getting bigger :)

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2007, 09:49:48 pm »
I use a regular old collar and leash with mine. When Tisha was still here, I could actually walk both Danes, and Morgayne (IW pup) down the road at the same time. I took Thorn and Morgayne for a walk the other day, A neighbors Pyr. got out and was trying to attack thorn. I was totally able to keep him under control till she got her beastie and drug her in the house. It took awhile to train Thorn to the point that he just has his collar, but Morgayne seems a natural at staying right at my side with no pulling.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline Britz

• Leader of the Pack
  • Mommy to Ethan, Kiera and Zeus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2007, 10:10:30 pm »
As of now  we just  use  a regular collar and a short short lead. I  also  have an extendable  leash  but havent used it  much  yet. With  Zeus sence we live in the country  when we go for are evening walk I usually let him lose half way and he allways sticks right  beside me   
~Britainy
~Zeus-Rotti