Author Topic: Question re: Saints in hot weather  (Read 18741 times)

Offline cathy

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Question re: Saints in hot weather
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2005, 08:54:30 pm »
To remove the undercoat i just spend time brushing and bushing!  :) both saints love to be brushed nad it gives us our specail time together.  Hope the blower thing works for you.
Cathy
~*~ Cathy ~*~
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Offline Saintly Girl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Maxwell
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2005, 08:09:39 am »
Maxwell loves being brushed too.  I brushed him for a good half an hour yesterday and it seems that no matter how much I brush him, there is still way more fur.  I'll let you know how it goes.  He's going for his appointment in 2 hours. Thanks for the info.

Offline Saintly Girl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Maxwell
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2005, 12:57:25 pm »
Here's Max all "Blasted"   His fur feels nice and light now.  All they do is have a household vaccuum and reverse the air.  They use a concentrator nozzle like you would use to clean your car and they blow the undercoat right off him.  You should have seen the fur fly!!!  You can do it at home and save the cost though it was easy enough.  Here he is wearing his black walnut keg from Saint Specialties.

Offline happiday

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All I ever do is SMILE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2007, 04:30:10 am »
Hello, Doug.  Welcome to BPO.
My Annie (7 years old) is a rescue saint.  She came to us this past April, so this will be her first Summer with us.  We live in SO. Calif., near the low desert, so we have already had some very warm days since Annie joined us.  We have a swamp cooler in our house, and she likes to lay in the hall, directly in the airflow.  One day it was very warm (90-95) and I found her napping in the bathtub.  It's now her favorite place to nap.  As for shaving, I'm not so sure.  I did clip her rear leg 'feathers', but that's all.  When she's outside, she prefers a shady spot in the cool dirt up against the house.  Annie also loves to chew ice cubes.  I wish you all the best with rescue.  My experience has been wonderful.  I am so happy with Annie!!  She makes me laugh every day.
Salli, Annie's mama!