Author Topic: Minature Boxer???  (Read 20078 times)

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Minature Boxer???
« on: April 29, 2006, 10:05:09 am »
Hello everyone. Just a quick question. Is there any such thing as a dwarf/miniture boxer?? I cant seem to find anything on the net. There is the cutest female boxer in town who is so tiny, she is MAYBE 30 lbs and is about knee high. Just the tiniest little thing. I know her litter mates are regular size. Anyone know anything about this?? I am just curious is all. The owners dont really seem  worried but Im thinking this is a very rare thing for a boxer.
Thanks
Ill try to get some pic of her. Im sure you all would love to see her. OH YES She is pure bred
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Minature Boxer???
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 10:19:06 am »
Sadie and I met a little boxer last week on our walk. She was much much smaller than Sadie and was 6 years old. I thought she was a puppy at first, but she was just really tiny. Absolutely adorable and very sweet.
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 10:39:43 am »
We have a very petite boxer that comes to our park. Not quite that small, but she's much smaller than all the other boxers around.

And there used to be a totally unaltered female (natural ears and tail) that came to the park and she was totally tiny.  I just remembered her now.  She must have only been around 35lbs.  Intact too, which is why they had to stop coming (started getting aggressive).  Found out she was extremely sensitive to anesthesia and almost lost her trying to get her spayed.

Offline MafiaPrincess

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 10:43:43 am »
It's simply an out of standard boxer, but unethical byb's will advertise them as mini boxers and be breeding the tiniest ones together to try to keep them as small as possible.  Another designer fad if refered to as mini boxers.  Super cute when it's an oops of mother nature.
~I'm changing my naughty ways to naughtier ones~

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 05:25:39 pm »
So my curiosity was peaked and I decided to research the mini-boxer, and much to my disapointment there is such thing...except it is a "hybrid" or designer breed. Using pugs and boxer blood in many of the cases but not all they are coming up with these dogs. This "breeder" (using the term VERY loosely) also has mini-rotts. http://carlins.info
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline xxlorixx

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 04:51:17 pm »
hi coonie its lori from gt i read what u wrote and ive asked breeders theres no such dogs as min boxers i know your talking about zoe and i have her brother rocky she was the runt of the litter rocky now is 78lbs lol way bigger than his sister zoe lol

Offline Aner

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 01:51:03 pm »
I think Puggles look like miniature boxers, but I have a strong dislike of the "breed" and all it stands for...